What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work travels find me near Columbus, OH and the new Brew Dogs installation.... pretty impressive setup, way bigger than I was expecting.

Food was decent, tried a couple of beers that were all good, although no super standouts.

Would go again!

They have multiple garage doors along one side wall that open up into a really nice outdoor area (although rained heavy shortly after I arrived...)

Yes, that's a full size shipping container that makes up the back of the bar!

Neat gaming area, and I definitely wasn't expecting as large of a production brewery! Also, loved the nod to experimental and home brewing -- little side room off the main brewery with what looks like a Sabco Brew Magic system!

View attachment 1492731339576.jpg

View attachment 1492731361988.jpg

View attachment 1492731377680.jpg

View attachment 1492731395106.jpg

View attachment 1492731407907.jpg

View attachment 1492731420916.jpg

View attachment 1492731432811.jpg

Browski Ciderworks, Pompano Beach. Florida

20170421_180446.jpg

Last night I checked out an awesome little place -- The BottleHouse in Cleveland, OH.

They have some amazing beers and meads! The food options are limited but the brisket sandwich I had was really good.

Had flight with a farmhouse ale inspired gruit (Spring Gruit), the smoked rye wheat lager (Zero Mile), and a bourbon barrel aged stout with cherries and smoked paprika (La Tentadora)!

Then the mead flight...An oak aged braggot (The Reaper), a blackberry cherry mead with serrano peppers (Blood Magic - this was was perhaps my favorite!), and another stout based braggot (Earthtaker). Oh yes, that final one *is* a braggot on nitro!

Met some really cool local people, and had a great evening, thanks to all of them, and the bartenders!!

View attachment 1495898647067.jpg

View attachment 1495898664385.jpg

View attachment 1495898674674.jpg

View attachment 1495898686216.jpg

View attachment 1495898699705.jpg

I'm in here somewhat regularly when I'm home. It's four doors down, so it's basically like having a cheat code when I'm out of homebrew.

http://www.pleasurehousebrewing.com/

It's on Shore Drive in the Chix Beach part of Virginia Beach. If you are in Virginia Beach on vacation, take the main drag (US-60) north, it will turn into Shore drive after going through First Landing State Park, and it will be on your left before the Lesner bridge.

Take a left at the light at Starfish, it's in the plaza on the right.

In an industrial area near Islip airport Saint James Brewery. I stopped in this past Saturday. The tasting room is in a fledgling state, but the beer is really good.

image.jpeg

No pics but it did happen... The wife and I went to the new and only one on the US... Delirium Cafe. It's not a brewery but it was pretty cool to go see. Expensive! $8-$10 short snifter pours! Too rich for my blood. Probably wont go back unless someone is in from out of town.

Then we went to Belly Love in Purcellville, Va which is a nice little nano with some decent beers. Right in town from our sleep village so it's very convenient. The wife dug their beer so I'm sure we'll be going back.

No pics but it did happen... The wife and I went to the new and only one on the US... Delirium Cafe. It's not a brewery but it was pretty cool to go see. Expensive! $8-$10 short snifter pours! Too rich for my blood. Probably wont go back unless someone is in from out of town.

Then we went to Belly Love in Purcellville, Va which is a nice little nano with some decent beers. Right in town from our sleep village so it's very convenient. The wife dug their beer so I'm sure we'll be going back.
Where is the delerium cafe located?

I recently visited Back Forty Brewing in Gadsden, AL. While I was there I had one of the best Imperial Stouts that I've ever had. It is called The Great Out S'mores. We also met the head brewer Timmothy and he gave us a tour of the brewery. It was a really cool spot to check out. It reignited my passion for home brewing. I'm back baby.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1496775912.967285.jpg

Not sure why I've never posted this place before, it's our local hangout!

And.....we're here again, relaxing with a couple of meads at Apis in downtown Carnegie, PA...

It's a super relaxed place; this is their original brewery and taproom...sometime soon they'll be opening a new taproom and restaurant right down the street.

Looks like some Ralph Steadman artwork above those kettles.

Looks like some Ralph Steadman artwork above those kettles.

That's an interesting comparison, and I can see some common themes/techniques...

All of the art both for the brewery, logos, etc., as well as what is hanging in the brewpub there is actually done by Joe Deck, who's one of the partners in the brewery...awesome guy, great artist...I have two of his pieces at home:

20160319_162737.jpg

20170417_085039.jpg

That's an interesting comparison, and I can see some common themes/techniques...

All of the art both for the brewery, logos, etc., as well as what is hanging in the brewpub there is actually done by Joe Deck, who's one of the partners in the brewery...awesome guy, great artist...I have two of his pieces at home:

yea, the ink splatters and the style of handwriting is what reminds me of Steadman. Nice pieces for your house! :mug:

Heading to...
Pulpit Rock
Toppling Goliath
SingleSpeed Brewing
And we'll see what else we find on the way

That is for a July trip to the John Deere Classic in IL.

Time for our semi-annual trip to Asheville NC. A short 3.5 hour drive, we should go more often than we do. I plan to tour New Belgium this trip since only their liquid center was open on our last visit.

Chili Line Brewing Company, Santa Fe, NM

This is the first time I have had to do: This beer-for-money brewery is bad, just bad. Beer is full of off flavors.

20170612_205846.jpg

We're up to 77 of them in the twobrewdogs.com blog; lots of pictures and notes. Last few days we were in Tombstone, AZ and the brewery there, Tombstone Brewing was pretty good. Arrived in Prescott, AZ today and have already tried Prescott Brewing but haven't written it up yet. Always looking for suggestions on our travels. Check out the blog and please give us a like on Facebook. Who knows, maybe one day In-bev will want to buy our little blog!! JUST KIDDING, DOWN WITH THE EVIL EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I visited Holy Mountain Brewing in Seattle and Postdoc Brewing in Redmond, WA when I was there a couple weeks ago. I REALLY enjoyed Holy Mountain, they do a lot of cool stuff and don't focus on IPA's. Their Kolsch and Saison was very good, and I grabbed a bottle of "The Ox" before I left but haven't opened it yet (a barrel aged sour Saison w/orange peel).

I didn't have a chance to really sample much at Postdoc as I didn't have a DD with me, so I only had a pint of their Nitro Irish Stout. It was pretty good. They had about 5 IPA/PA's on tap that I wanted to try. I did have a chance to sample the Hazy IPA (NE IPA) and the Rasberry Gose.

No pics, but we did a mini brew crawl out Yakima way this last Sunday. Hit up Bale Breaker, Bron Yr Aur, Hop Nation, and Iron Horse. Great beers at all of them. Bron Yr Aur by far the best; apparently the owners are HUGE Led Zeppelin fans, the brewery name comes from a place in Wales where the band recorded their first album. Was hoping to buy some hops out there but no shops selling them were open on Sunday.

Went to a wedding in Cincinnati this past weekend and had lunch at Mad Tree Brewing, their new location is very nice and very big and spread out! The food took forever, but they were pretty busy. Overall it was a fun trip, I wouldn't have minded the food take so long if I hadn't been so hungover

IMG_20170611_133535627_zpstx52mqo6.jpg

Outdoor bar and patio area are dog friendly!
IMG_20170611_133529800_HDR_zps1uttaizr.jpg

IMG_20170611_133622985_zpsxsmzsg3o.jpg

IMG_20170611_133627661_HDR_zps5hm5n9gl.jpg

Nice place, definitely would go again if I were down that way

Back