What beer/homebrew blogs/magazines do you read?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer and Brewer Mag subscription. Mostly aimed at industry news, new breweries opening up, new beers that are up and coming. Has a home brewing section as well. Really liked the tasting notes of different beers reviewed by a panel of tasters, especially when they would suggest a food pairing to go with it (mmmm food). They have dropped this food recommendation section but wish they would start it again.

Basic Brewing Radio and Basic Brewing Video. Recipe ideas and different brewing techniques. James and Steve give clear instructions and are happy to challenge conventions by trying new processes and ingredients. This has helped trouble shoot when getting stuck sparge, missing temps or SG etc. They are also good for a laugh.

HBT and Aussiehomebrewer community posts I use to get ideas on what people are brewing, recipe formulations and rig set ups.

Also pick up book releases from Brewing Elements publications every now and then.

Last edited:
I do not read any magazines, newsletters, blogs, etc. I pretty much only use the homebrewtalk website or simple internet searches for info.

What beer/wine/homebrewing blogs, e-zines, newsletters or magazines do you read?
Hi,
“Zytholoog” which is a magazine for members of the “vzw Zythos”, a Flemish/Belgian organisation, promoting beer-culture on a non-commercial base. They write reviews on local brewery-activity and Belgian beer-culture but do not focus strictly on Belgian-style brewing, have an international mindset. Many beerclubs associated with “Zythos” organise tastings with foreign beers as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
AHA member, so Zymurgy, and whatever other things happen across my e-mail. And when I'm in a brewpub, I try to read the local brewspaper too.

BYO, Zymurgy, Beer Magazine, Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine, Beer Me British Columbia, Homebrew Talk, Homebrewers Association

podcasts: BeerSmith, Craft Beer & Brewing, Experimental Brewing... Beer Advocate... Cicerone videos... Zymurgy (long-time subscriber)... internet searches... Ron Pattinson (Shut Up About Barclay Perkins)

These aren't all related specifically to homebrewing, but they're all either alcohol-related, or touch on alcohol and brewing occasionally.

Written:

just /r/homebrewing on Reddit

YouTube channels:

* How to Drink
* Tasting History
* Still It
* The Thought Emporium (mostly this is just biohacking, but he does brewing projects occasionally)
* Townsends
* Craft Brewing

Back