What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My introduction to Bob Seger was sometime around 1975 or 1976. There was a bar at the edge of town called The Little Jewel that we'd been getting served at since we were 16 yo. Seems like every time we went there they had Live Bullet playing on their sound system. This became one of my favorites.

Regarding Segar, yeah, some of his best was early on, still have that live double LP from '75, I think, was popular on FM in Detroit...WWWW & WRIF, good stations, but it still sucked living there as a teen, in general....

Anyway, maybe just relax to this one;

Regarding Segar, yeah, some of his best was early on, still have that live double LP from '75, I think, was popular on FM in Detroit...WWWW & WRIF, good stations, but it still sucked living there as a teen, in general....

Anyway, maybe just relax to this one;

Wow, so there actually was (is?) a radio station WWWW? I remember wondering about that when I was a kid. I just checked and there's also a KKKK in Fargo. Learned something new today.

Wow, so there actually was (is?) a radio station WWWW? I remember wondering about that when I was a kid. I just checked and there's also a KKKK in Fargo. Learned something new today.

Yeah, everyone called it W4, RIF was a little rockiner, and W4 sometimes a little funkyer, but both good, mostly music, & mostly good tunes, or at least the better ones....

To continue in a somewhat heavy metal vein...I'm a hopeless fan of dark and (for the most part) scandinavian music, and recently got into this one other norwegian genius of such tunes...

My Knopfler jag continues - he's been living in my head for months now - and I found this full MSG 2019 concert to revel in :D

Lovin' the fact that the band may be older than I am at this point...

Cheers! (Old dudes rule! :rock: :p)

[edit] One hour in, Mark introduces the entire band, one by one ("It's not like Emerson, Lake and Palmer - it takes awhile" :D)
So awesome...the dude simply oozes humility, which I think is what draws me to him...

Last edited:
Heard part of this song (dave edmunds) the other day on the radio so looked it up to give another listen. 50years still doing the same song.

These guys did a good version too

Ok, I'm just gonna put this out there, but does anyone disagree that the best rock and roll is still being played by old dudes and dudettes?

Cheers! :D

I think it's only natural to think that. It's kind of always been that way, hasn't it?

It has indeed - I can remember my Ps bitchin' about my rock 'n' roll tastes in the late 60s - and that was before Hendrix, acid rock et al :D
Still...

Cheers! (Also, get off my lawn! ;))

Back