What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for this. It's funny, thinking back to the 60's and 70's I'd heard of this band, and remember seeing their albums in the record stores, but never actually heard anything by them. If this is representative of their music I could kick myself for not exploring them all these years. I really liked this song.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for this. It's funny, thinking back to the 60's and 70's I'd heard of this band, and remember seeing their albums in the record stores, but never actually heard anything by them. If this is representative of their music I could kick myself for not exploring them all these years. I really liked this song.
Yeah, these guys were criminally unknown as a band. Certainty not for a lack of trying; they are still going to this day, albeit with a much different lineup. They have been pretty much a bluesy with a southern rock style band. Chicago blues mostly.

With so much band change they have put out a very diverse output. The album the song "All I Can Do" came from is a fantastic album, from start to finish. One of my desert island albums which I play constantly. Off of that album, you might also enjoy Wang Dang Doodle and All I can Do is Try.

I'd also look into their subsequent album, Raw Sierra, as well. Especially the songs, Is That So and When I was a Young Boy.

Prior to the above 2 albums, these guys were mostly in the Peter Green's Mac and Mayall's Bluebreakers style.

Savoy Brown is the band that birthed Foghat. Didn't get a lot of airplay in the US. One of those bands you had to pick up from somebody's older brother's records.

Savoy Brown is the band that birthed Foghat. Didn't get a lot of airplay in the US. One of those bands you had to pick up from somebody's older brother's records.
Yeah in digging around online last night I saw the Foghat reference. I had several Foghat LPs and was able to see them live two times back in the 70s.

Funny you should say this but this is precisely how I discovered them. When I got my first stereo I "borrowed" a few albums from my older brother. Street Cover Talking was one of them (I grabbed it because of the cool cover) along with Dark Side of the Moon and, IIRC, Crime of the Century. That was a very nice haul :)

Correct about Foghat. In fact, Street Cover Talking was the first SB album after 3 of them split to become Foghat. It's by far my fav SB album.

It's one of those work-week nights that things went really well, and I know that means the next couple days wont... so it's time for beer and music.

I present to you The Rumjacks

Okay, I was wrong yesterday. Today went pretty OK. Tomorrow though... tomorrow will be bad :p

Hows about The Hill Country Devil singing "Rats Get Fat"

I'm listening to my regular Friday night "live" pub music a little late tonight. Normally I'm there at 8pm eastern when he starts his show, but tonight a Navy buddy of mine promoted, so I was having a few pints in celebration.

Anywho, here's Brendan Loughry... just remember, it's not a rebel song if the facts are straight!

https://fb.watch/3VwsuE06yl/

🎶Burn this circus down 'cause the world is full of clowns
They're all stupid and they're proud, painted smiles on they mouths
I don't hang with bozos, homie, I can't be around you
Anyone who knows me knows my feet don't fit in clown shoes🎶 :rock:

I remember that vividly - it was the first track on their debut album (which I still have in vinyl, somewhere in the house).
Always loved that song...

Cheers!

Back