What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mumford and Sons, I just can't get enough of this band. I am absolutely thrilled that I really like a band that plays on the radio so often, as it is not usually the case.

I've posted two of these guys videos on this thread before and thought I would post this link also. It's not a video, but a link to a magazine that features The Dirty River Boys on the cover. All four of the members are multi instrumentalists and are known for their live shows. http://issuu.com/shweikimedia/docs/15586_dicksonproductions?mode=mobile Their cd has been in my truck for a couple of months and never gets old.

Getting back into Kaddisfly, a local Portland band I really loved before they split up a few years ago. They're getting back together this year and will release a new album. First heard of them at an Incubus concert in college.

Album: Set Sail the Prairie
Experimental / Progressive / Rock
http://www.myspace.com/kaddisfly

Ave Verum Corpus by William Byrd performed by the Tallis Scholars.

Yes, I'm a nerd. And I have a BA in Music to prove it.

Ave Verum Corpus by William Byrd performed by the Tallis Scholars.

Yes, I'm a nerd. And I have a BA in Music to prove it.
Something like this eh?

When I'm in that mood, I'm more of a...
...kind of guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something like this eh?

Actually, yes - I'm pretty sure that's the Tallis Scholars. Though the recording I was listening to is different. At the end, when the tenors and mezzos sing the "Miserere" and it's echoed in the Bass, on your video the basses sing a dotted quarter eighth rhythm followed by two straight quarters. In the recording I have it's a pair of dotted rhythms.

Funny how something so subtle is noticeable to the trained ear. Anyway I love the sound of well tuned accapella voices. There really is nothing better than well done polyphony. It's the height of western music, IMO.

I hear ya!

IMG_0060.jpg

Back