What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was sipping a cab' and for whatever reason suddenly remembered this epic album.
Last time I remember listening to it was back in those uber hazy purple double dome days...

Bookends.. just as it was suppose to be heard
20230201_160552.jpg
20230201_160544.jpg

I've many times thought about getting back into vinyl. Just for albums like that. Thanks for putting the idea back in my head :oops:

I visited the office of a buddy of mine. I instantly recognized Dave Brubeck band playing their iconic Take Five. While we were chatting, I was marveling at how clear everything sounded, especially percussion. He had an old school Marantz amp, some old school (large) speakers, and a turntable spinning that disk. Sounded like I was in front of the band, and I realized that all the digital stuff we have today, with all of its conveniences, hasn't improved on the sound from the analog of the 60s.

I've many times thought about getting back into vinyl. Just for albums like that. Thanks for putting the idea back in my head :oops:
I would say do it. It has opened me up to a lot of music since you are almost forced to listen to a whole album vs playing a single track on the iPod. I am in love with Genesis w/ Peter Gabriel or hearing a Benny Goodman Book of the Month Album from 1967 I got at an estate sale that looked like it was never played Benny Goodman - An Album Of Swing Classics or Stevie Wonder both
Screenshot_20230201_175118_Adblock Browser.jpg
you cannot get any other way than vinyl. I have a Fluance Rt-85, and based my research, appear to be one of the better turntables before you start to spend a lot of money for a little smaller sound returns. It gets played just about every day and I have been very happy with it. Hifi Turntables | Vinyl Record Players | Fluance

I visited the office of a buddy of mine. I instantly recognized Dave Brubeck band playing their iconic Take Five. While we were chatting, I was marveling at how clear everything sounded, especially percussion. He had an old school Marantz amp, some old school (large) speakers, and a turntable spinning that disk. Sounded like I was in front of the band, and I realized that all the digital stuff we have today, with all of its conveniences, hasn't improved on the sound from the analog of the 60s.
Take Five sounds amazing on vinyl, Brubeck is one of my favorites jazz musicians. Dire Strait's Brother in Arms in 45 RPM sounds almost 3 dimensional, like you are on the stage..highly recommend.

I would say do it. It has opened me up to a lot of music since you are almost forced to listen to a whole album vs playing a single track on the iPod. I am in love with Genesis w/ Peter Gabriel or hearing a Benny Goodman Book of the Month Album from 1967 I got at an estate sale that looked like it was never played Benny Goodman - An Album Of Swing Classics or Stevie Wonder both View attachment 811643you cannot get any other way than vinyl. I have a Fluance Rt-85, and based my research, appear to be one of the better turntables before you start to spend a lot of money for a little smaller sound returns. It gets played just about every day and I have been very happy with it. Hifi Turntables | Vinyl Record Players | Fluance
Thanks for sharing!

Back