What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not usually big on Shepherd’s Pie, but that one looks really delicious!

OT: riding the Hazy Train tonight. It’s far from fresh but still very good, surprisingly.

View attachment 776965
Its more of a beef stew and really good. I just recently found the place during COVID and restaurant week a couple of years ago. They're famous for there Irish pies. I'm not a shepherds pie fan either and everytime there's something else interesting on the menu. The owners moved here from Ireland 30 years ago. They hire exchange students from Ireland on the wait staff. I lived in Boston for a couple of years and no bar there comes close to the amount of Irish accents here. They're retiring and changing ownership so HAD to try this pie. Still a week left in restaurant week and the chicken schnitzel looks really good 🤔

BTW that was the big 20oz draft for perspective. That thing was huge.

Sharing a wheat sour with my brother. It accompanies this really good tequila well!
IMG_20220805_200243060.jpg
IMG_20220805_200633987.jpg

@ThirstyPawsHB I charged a new 5 gallon oak barrel with a bottle of Jamison for a week, then aged the stout in the barrel for 6 weeks. I also used "Sugar Creek Barrel Aged Choc malt" in the recipe.
Best use of Jameson I've yet heard of. If you want to get meta, use the Jameson caskmates stout edition. (Disclaimer: not sure what this may/may not do to the space-time continuum😳)

Last edited:
Best use of Jameson I've yet heard of. If you want to get meta, use the Jameson caskmates stout edition. (Disclaimer: not sure what this may/may not do to the space-time continuum😳)
10. And then after that, you could age new make Jameson in that same cask
20. Make a new batch of stout, and age it in that same cask
30. Goto 10

Back