What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking what AHS calls their "Texas Kolsch". Not real fond of it. I knew it wouldn't even be close to a Kolsch, but it was on a moving blowout sale, so I tried it. An ok session ale is about all I can say for it.

Attachments

• TK.jpg
    TK.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 0
HB Raspberry Wheat. Came out a little more dry than anticipated
Good looking product. Did you back-sweeten? I'm not sure how else to get it just right because of the sugar in the fruit that gets fermented.
Had a mango/raspberry wheat from the local micro and, boy, was it spot on. I think they just wanted to tease me.

Good looking product. Did you back-sweeten? I'm not sure how else to get it just right because of the sugar in the fruit that gets fermented.
Had a mango/raspberry wheat from the local micro and, boy, was it spot on. I think they just wanted to tease me.
Appreciate it - I did not back sweeten. I added the raspberry purée near the end of fermentation, around 1.014 and let it sit for 7 days. The sweetness is just right. Recipe and process below if interested or if anyone has feedback:

I operate on the Clawhammer 120V system:
4.5 gal into fermenter
OG: 1.050
FG: 1.010
ABV: 5.3%
IBU: 22
SRM: 3.8
Mash: 152° for 60min and mash out @ 170° for 10
Boil: 60 min

4lb 2oz 2-Row (44.3%)
4lb 2oz Briess Red Wheat Malt (44.3%)
8oz flaked oats (5.4%)
5oz Acidulated Malt (3.4%)
4oz Rice Hulls (2.7%)

0.2oz Amarillo (8.2%) @ 30 min
1oz Motueka (7%) @ 5 min
1oz Sorachi Ace (13%) @ 5 min

WLP001 from harvested starter

2.5lb (0.55lb/gal) Oregon Fruits Raspberry Purée near end of fermentation (I added at 1.014) And let sit for 7 days before transferring.

Ferment at 66° for 3 days then let rise to 68° before adding fruit, sit 2 days, up to 70° for 2 more days, rest at 65° 3 days and then cold crash.

Neutral water profile.

I finished around 1.007-1.008 and that could be based on the timing of my fruit addition.

Drinking what AHS calls their "Texas Kolsch". Not real fond of it. I knew it wouldn't even be close to a Kolsch, but it was on a moving blowout sale, so I tried it. An ok session ale is about all I can say for it.

AHS . Austin Homebrew Supply? Guess they got bought out by InBev then shut them down! According to my SoCo Homebrew Supply dudes.

Weekend begins now ..

PXL_20220519_011234490.jpg
PXL_20220519_012109740.jpg

Back