What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What booze?
B31338CD-AF7F-4EB7-93D3-E7CFF20D8C67.jpeg
83A9C269-0143-4DC4-8E2D-A25A2082F3B8.jpeg

No I didn’t, the snow was ugly enough yesterday I didn’t take the trip. Sadly still no app, so I’m rarely on here anymore it seems. Definitely want to get to Algona this week and pick up a 4 pack of your new release!!

Hopefully you can get your hands on some! Last time I was in, they had Middle of Nowhere (might be the variation with Idaho 7 in it instead of Simcoe in the dry hop, went over well, but not my favorite either - but I'm really picky about our beers) left too, which is one of my favorites. The Experimental #1 that is out now is good, just didn't quite end up exactly how I was thinking. Has a little sweetness, probably could lower mash temp to cure that, and it needs a little more hop bitterness on the end.

Just wish we could get our damn meter socket in, so we could turn the 3.5bbl system on, which would allow us to pump out a much larger variety of different beers. Keep our staples on the big system, and then play with the little 1bbl for fun.

Also, I miss this place. I'll try to do better!

Last edited:
871A5DCA-A632-459D-BA3A-3CB9B6B1D914.jpeg

A flight at Twisted Rail Brewing Company. From left to right, NYS Pilsner, Oatmeal Stout, Hazy NEIPA (yet it’s clear 🤷🏾‍♂️) & their Mango Fruited Sour.
Trying to not drink Sunday through Thursday is hard when it’s “Stout Month”. If you stop at the seven local & participating breweries in January, get a stamp for trying their stout. Once you fill the punch card you get a glass with all their logos on it. It was fun last year. Two places closed so two new ones joined, just a little further outside of town. Three down, four to go.

Read the purple line for early Thursday morning. Yes, -28 degree windchill, real low tonight of -14, real low tomorrow of -15. Why do I live here?

View attachment 756270

Err, the views?? 🤔

Surprisingly decent. We'll be doing something else soon.

PXL_20220119_231112427.MP.jpg

Back