What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Hoppy Blonde
BFF6BA26-8ACF-4DCC-AD88-B45AA980273D.jpeg

German beer with the pork and kraut NY dinner
View attachment 712714
My mom used to make a huge kettle of pork shoulder and sauerkraut simmered for hours, to serve over mashed potatoes, every New Years Day which brings good luck for the new year. Family and friends would stop in throughout the day for conversation and a big bowl of good luck.
Ahh, the good old days.

My mom used to make a huge kettle of pork shoulder and sauerkraut simmered for hours, to serve over mashed potatoes, every New Years Day which brings good luck for the new year. Family and friends would stop in throughout the day for conversation and a big bowl of good luck.
Ahh, the good old days.
Both parents are from PA, it's been my traditional new year meal for as long as I can remember for the same reasons. Figured a nice big mug of something German couldn't hurt the luckiness. No one else in my family (damn southerners 😀 ) will touch it so I go simple with a bottle/can of kraut and pork cocktail weinies

Then later I had a couple of these. Much grainier and bitter than a typical red ale. One of my favorites now.

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_122446700.jpg
    IMG_20210101_122446700.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 8
Back