What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TH

4D9F7753-AA12-48B6-A7F0-4DC88D6D6B0D.jpeg

@3 Dawg Night IPA

8FDC93D8-6DA9-4F0D-A624-DB866D0EA9E2.jpeg

HB IPA (too much hop matter in the bottles this round)

EA738B8F-CAA2-4179-8F65-0F3FDAC39509.jpeg

Last one of the night. HB WF Lager, at 4.5%ABV the lightest ABV I've ever done since I figured out how to calculate ABV. Not much head retention yet (it is only a week old) but very flavorful, has a bit of a 'fresh' taste but nothing off. Will be my helping hand on Thursday to get through cooking a feast for the husband and myself. Prost!!!
20201124_190646[1].jpg

Im incredibly curious about that. I've only played with cinnamon in a few ciders, but I'm trying to formulate an oatmeal cookie stout type recipe and had debated tossing some cinnamon sticks into the fermenter with the vanilla, but im afraid the little buggers will be overpowering. If you dont mind my asking, what kind of additions are you doing and what kinda flavors are you achieving??

I belong to the local Lion’s Club. We meet once a month and take turns cooking supper. This is my month to cook. Tonight’s menu includes pulled pork sammiches, baked beans, and coleslaw. The slaw is in the fridge, the beans are in the slow cooker, the 9 lb pork butt comes out of the oven in about an hour and I’m drinking a HB Cali Common.
6CA36E73-47A5-4CDB-B247-200FD6637299.jpeg

I belong to the local Lion’s Club. We meet once a month and take turns cooking supper. This is my month to cook. Tonight’s menu includes pulled pork sammiches, baked beans, and coleslaw. The slaw is in the fridge, the beans are in the slow cooker, the 9 lb pork butt comes out of the oven in about an hour and I’m drinking a HB Cali Common.
View attachment 707840
Lol Sammiches! That's what my dad called them my whole life!

Lol Sammiches! That's what my dad called them my whole life!

View attachment 707840

Wife did a 36hr slow cook butt. Came out damn good. Onions, garlic, spices, limes. Her first shot at HB BBq sauce wasn't too shabby also. Have a great dinner, err "supper" GM. Haven't heard that term since the farm visits many moon ago.

PXL_20201125_203732823.PORTRAIT.jpg

Wife did a 36hr slow cook butt. Came out damn good. Onions, garlic, spices, limes. Her first shot at HB BBq sauce wasn't too shabby also. Have a great dinner, err "supper" GM. Haven't heard that term since the farm visits many moon ago.

View attachment 707843
In this part of the world, “dinner” is the noon meal, “supper” is the evening meal. Always has been, always will be.

Back