What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@camonick HB Vienna Lager. Killer! Crisp, makes me want another sip (and another)! Great malt backbone. A touch of caramel, but not artificial at all. Tastes like eating Vienna malt. Well done sir!
20200928_214624.jpg

Well, since we are drinking all his beer...

Irish Red as the defacto baseline to my two attempts ... swing and a miss (by me), but they're still good beers (whatever they might be).I'm thinking I may have accidentally forgot a specialty grain. That would explain a few things.

What do you get when you mix three IRAs?
PXL_20200929_015525348.jpg
PXL_20200929_022819140.jpg
PXL_20200929_021544591.jpg

I have only drank the Albanian version without the anise. Powerful stuff. I have some that is 12 years old, it has mellowed from jet fuel to mild kerosene 😁
You need to try anis version. Eastern region of Turkey they make by themselves without anis but it usuall test and smell origion of the fruit they fermented and destileted from. It mor or less like Vodke rather than Raki. We call it chucking Raki at those part of Turkey.

Celebrating tonight, for a few reasons. Fishing has been amazing (aside from low water), feeling more optimistic about job prospects in a changing world and getting very stoked for brew day tomorrow! And I got some new beer glasses< lol...Woohoo! :yes::yes::yes:

Starting with a Rogue Brewing 'Batsquatch' ! :D Very high citrus but very clean finish as well. Nice!

Batsquatch.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice and clear, did you find the fruity/citrus tones from the Voss added to your style of mead? Sweeter or drier? It looks great. 👍🏻
Thanks! It did. I fermented with fresh orange slices, raisins, and a small amount of blueberries. The citrus was amplified, but is finally mellowing out and becoming smoother! Semi-sweet. I back sweetened with some honey because it was too dry. Went to .0993 FG!

Unless you plan to lick it, I wouldn’t get in a hurry. :cool:

Nah I simple green'd it which did little to nothing. Oh well, I'm not wasting any time on it : ) ...I did make a label on the Untappd page for it though and gave it a name "All the SPF" <- fitting name for an Irish Pale Ale.

Latest posts

Back