Quantcast

What are you drinking now?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
Well, since we are drinking all his beer...

Irish Red as the defacto baseline to my two attempts ... swing and a miss (by me), but they're still good beers (whatever they might be).I'm thinking I may have accidentally forgot a specialty grain. That would explain a few things.

What do you get when you mix three IRAs?
PXL_20200929_015525348.jpg
PXL_20200929_022819140.jpg
PXL_20200929_021544591.jpg

hasanarsan

Reaction score
I have only drank the Albanian version without the anise. Powerful stuff. I have some that is 12 years old, it has mellowed from jet fuel to mild kerosene 😁
You need to try anis version. Eastern region of Turkey they make by themselves without anis but it usuall test and smell origion of the fruit they fermented and destileted from. It mor or less like Vodke rather than Raki. We call it chucking Raki at those part of Turkey.

SanJuanWorm

Reaction score
Celebrating tonight, for a few reasons. Fishing has been amazing (aside from low water), feeling more optimistic about job prospects in a changing world and getting very stoked for brew day tomorrow! And I got some new beer glasses< lol...Woohoo! :yes::yes::yes:

Starting with a Rogue Brewing 'Batsquatch' ! :D Very high citrus but very clean finish as well. Nice!

Batsquatch.jpg

Last edited:

SanJuanWorm

Reaction score
Sampling some of my 5 month old voss kveik mead. Very good. Needs maybe another month or two and it will be excellent!
Looks nice and clear, did you find the fruity/citrus tones from the Voss added to your style of mead? Sweeter or drier? It looks great. 👍🏻

aharri1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looks nice and clear, did you find the fruity/citrus tones from the Voss added to your style of mead? Sweeter or drier? It looks great. 👍🏻
Thanks! It did. I fermented with fresh orange slices, raisins, and a small amount of blueberries. The citrus was amplified, but is finally mellowing out and becoming smoother! Semi-sweet. I back sweetened with some honey because it was too dry. Went to .0993 FG!