What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5225.JPG

After doing yard work all day (mowing and weed whacking) plus taking down two small trees and various other outdoor tasks, one more won’t hurt.
I get a lot of coconut from this one. I know Sabro hops were used in this but I’m digging it. @j1laskey, did you get a strong coconut from this the other night? Or mint? A friend of mine got a lot of mint from it. Just curious if you recall. I really like it and would get it again.

How'd you clean up all that hop material?

Zero hop material. I dry hopped using hop muslin bags. And after boil and whirlpool I filtered using a cheese cloth. All other sediment settled at the bottom of my fermentation bucket. I have a very small layer of sediment in the bottom of my bottles(photo below) but that was my fault for sticking my racking cane in too far. I just avoid pouring that into my glass. For the most part my hazy ipa is “clear” of all hop particles and sediment!! This is also only my 4th batch that I have ever brewed. I’m quite pleased
IMG_4229.JPG

I took part in their kickstarter campaign. Took a year to have it delivered. It now sits in my closet. Maybe I'll break it out. What do you think of it?

To be frank, my wife heard "I want/need a small keg." and bought me the uKeg. It was too late to return it, so I bought the ball lock cap, and I force carb using Paintball tanks. If we were in the return window I would've got a Torpedo instead (cheaper, smaller). Either way, it's cool - looks neat, too. I like the sight glass on the front to know how much beer you have left in it...neat feature.

Back