What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7 bucks for a solid pour of Edward, that’s what I’m talking about. As much as I like The Armsby Abby they are consistently terrible pourers (if that’s a word)

View attachment 625378

I agree on Armsby Abbey. I went there during Stoutfest and some of their pours were ridiculously small. It makes it hard to leave a good tip and some of the servers make it even tougher.

Seems appropriate for today

Crazy what they did here!
IMG_6402.JPG

But a little twist to the base Cream Ale recipe. I had this only can and wanted to share it with my father in-law. I was a little let down but I think b/c it was canned on or around 3/18. I hope they (Genesse and Other Half) do this again and I can try it when it’s fresher.
Oh wow, I actually missed the whole collaboration piece. Interesting.

Pressure washed the back patio and another 1/4 of the driveway, cleaned the rug on the deck, cleaned all the outdoor chairs, mulched the front flower bed and cut the front yard with some weedeating mixed in. Time for a beer or 6.

At least things will look a little better when family comes in for my daughter's HS graduation next week
20190505_170400-1.jpeg

I agree on Armsby Abbey. I went there during Stoutfest and some of their pours were ridiculously small. It makes it hard to leave a good tip and some of the servers make it even tougher.

A 10oz glass that’s 1/3 head. I often wonder if they are instructed to pour poorly in order to stretch the life span of the keg

6 Year Anniversary, big on the nose and flavor of cherries, but light for a strong Ale, great color. View attachment 625564View attachment 625565
I have been taking my time and savoring this, as it has been warming up the flavors have been getting more pronounced, still a bit light for the style but very good. Wish I had gotten more, put some down for a year or two then see how it goes.

FW Barrelworks currently has 15 and 19 Parabola on tap, as well as Maple Parabola and 18 Parabajava. I think I'm talking myself into a drive down.

Is the 15 as good as I remember it? Now that I think about it I believe I have one sitting in the back of the fridge along with a 15’ Sucaba. I need to get down there and check out the barrel works.

This was a Sorachi Ace Saison that some how acquired some wild yeast.

So, I doubled down and inoculated it with an aliquot of wild yeast I cultured from the dregs of a wild Trillium.

Just about 3 weeks post secondary infection and the Sorachi Ace hops are just starting to fade and the funk is just setting in.

Thanks for the taster @TBC

IMG_4122.JPG
IMG_4121.JPG

Is the 15 as good as I remember it? Now that I think about it I believe I have one sitting in the back of the fridge along with a 15’ Sucaba. I need to get down there and check out the barrel works.
Personally I think most of their barrel aged strong ales benefit with a few years on them. Parabajava, for example, might be an exception to that rule due to the coffee flavor fading a bit over time. That said, I much prefer drinking them on tap vs bottled. Get there if at all possible as they often have verticals to compare. I think my favorite from them is Sucaba. It's one of my favorite beers period. I've still got a '13 in the fridge being saved for a special occasion.

Back