What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0254.JPG

Chocolate banana Berliner.

I really liked it! I actually brewed one last weekend in hopes that it tastes somewhat similar. You’ve brewed a couple? How’d they turn out?

Took a first stab a few weeks ago. Bottled it on Saturday. Early snuck taste showed overwhelming coffee. Hope is it’ll balance out. I’ll be attempting at least a few more in the coming months.

View attachment 616468
View attachment 616469
There you go @LoneTreeFarms, that’s what my kegerator/fermentation chamber/beer fridge all in one looks like. My girls picked the color, I wanted to paint the fridge black but they said black was too boring.
Anyhow, on this one from @TBC.
Cheers! [emoji482]

IMG_1836.JPG
. Old pic But this is mine went with chalkboard black for the kiddos. I’ll post a new pic with all the drawings later.

Side note. Here’s the peg board I made a couple weeks ago for my daughters art area.
IMG_4179.JPG

Took a first stab a few weeks ago. Bottled it on Saturday. Early snuck taste showed overwhelming coffee. Hope is it’ll balance out. I’ll be attempting at least a few more in the coming months.

Did you do whole bean or ground? Cold press or throw in secondary? I haven’t done the secondary yet.

Did you do whole bean or ground? Cold press or throw in secondary? I haven’t done the secondary yet.
I let it ferment for two weeks. 48 hours before bottling I added 4oz of whole beans right into the fermenter. Then at packaging added a vodka tincture that had 5oz cacao nibs and three vanilla beans that had soaked for two weeks. From what I’ve read of other people’s efforts the coffee dies down with aging. We will see how long it takes to balance hopefully a week or two.

I let it ferment for two weeks. 48 hours before bottling I added 4oz of whole beans right into the fermenter. Then at packaging added a vodka tincture that had 5oz cacao nibs and three vanilla beans that had soaked for two weeks. From what I’ve read of other people’s efforts the coffee dies down with aging. We will see how long it takes to balance hopefully a week or two.
4oz is the way to go. I did 8oz for 48 hr and it took over a month or so to not taste like espresso lol.

Chocolate porter, neopolitan ice cream sours, triple dry hopped ipas, and German pils. What a great world! The neo sour from weldwerks is nicely balanced with flavors. Haha, more to come but if you blind folded me, I would say bit burger tastes like one of my grandpa's Milwaukee best left in the sun for 3 months.
20190308_174937.jpeg
20190308_184049.jpeg
20190308_190028.jpeg

Latest posts

Back