What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to kill this since I'll be gone the next two days.

image-158266081.jpg

NIZZLE, you're gonna have change your name to SNUGGLE after the surgery with all these excited guys around here.

store bought kombucha.

Don't have beers to trade, but if you PM me your contact info I can put some scoby in USPS Priority box and drop it off tomorrow. With my luck with USPS, it might eventually get threre partially alive.

If it's just having trouble with temperature control, an external unit should solve the issue,. Email them for more info on the problem? Report back.

I just did. I was thinking the same thing and thinking the STC-1000 may actually remedy the issue. Technically I was thinking this would go in the garage though since it's so big. I'll have to rearrange all my tools and such, but it will be worth it. :ban:

Just tasted the 1st FG sample of my Cougar Country IPA. Color was lighter than I expected. Gold with a reddish hue. But the aroma reaked of fruit. Flavor was very nice with the warrior bittering,& tasted of a nice lil bitey herbal resiny piney fruity thing with a touch of grapefruit on the back. I can still taste & kinda smell the grapefruit a couple minutes later. I think I outdid myself on this one. Now I just need it amber reddish color. 1/2lb of melanoiden wasn't enough for that color. But the flavors are great.

My yet to be named double ipa.

Nelson, galaxy, Simcoe, Cascade, Belma, Motueka, and bittered with warrior.

Needed to clear out the freezer.

ForumRunner_20130930_191603.jpg

Turned out fantastic.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130930_191537.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130930_191537.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 70
I used warrior for bittering as well. I'm def liking that one. With ahtanum,EKG,simcoe & mosaic for flavor & dry hop. Wow,this one blew my socks off,& it hasn't even been dry hopped yet! Already reaks of a non descript fruitiness with a touch of grapefruit on the back.

I used warrior for bittering as well. I'm def liking that one. With ahtanum,EKG,simcoe & mosaic for flavor & dry hop. Wow,this one blew my socks off,& it hasn't even been dry hopped yet! Already reaks of a non descript fruitiness with a touch of grapefruit on the back.

Mosaic & Zythos are 2 of my new favorites. Simcoe, Citra, and Cascade kinda took a back seat. good thing my IPA/APA car holds 5 or 6! hahahaha!!!

Oh, you mean the barrel underneath the part that says "oak barrel" and not "bourbon barrel?"

Go back to Wisconsin!

:mug:

Your joking right? Could you please tell me what this says. :mug: :mug: go back to church :ban: :ban: :rockin: :ban:

http://newhollandbrew.com/beer/mainstays/dragons-milk-bourbon-barrel-stout/
Dragon’s Milk is a 17th century term used to describe the strong beer usually reserved for royalty. This strong ale was aged in oak for over 120 days. The aging process extracts flavors from the wood, which contribute to its complex character. Hints of bourbon flavor perfectly compliment its roasted malts to produce a beer fit for a King.

Your joking right? Could you please tell me what this says. :mug: :mug: go back to church :ban: :ban: :rockin: :ban:

http://newhollandbrew.com/beer/mainstays/dragons-milk-bourbon-barrel-stout/

Ok, slick. Maybe I'll send you the bottle, and if you can find "bourbon" anywhere on the bottle, I'll buy you ten.

Although it seems to be the fad, I don't look up beers before I buy them, I buy them because I want to try them.

Now, I'm not complaining, because I LIKE bourbon beers.

I'm just saying it doesn't say

BOURBON

anywhere

on

the

BOTTLE!!!!!!

:tank:

Ok, slick. Maybe I'll send you the bottle, and if you can find "bourbon" anywhere on the bottle, I'll buy you ten.

Although it seems to be the fad, I don't look up beers before I buy them, I buy them because I want to try them.

Now, I'm not complaining, because I LIKE bourbon beers.

I'm just saying it doesn't say

BOURBON

anywhere

on

the

BOTTLE!!!!!!

:tank:

Yup your right and I never said it did say it on the bottle now did I?

Faulty logic. Just because bourbon is aged in oak barrels, not all oak barrels are used to age bourbon.

Badass_4d0e6f_1464266.jpg

Faulty jump to a conclusion. I said no such thing. Where do you think the flavor in bourbon comes from? Goes in as white dog, comes out bourbon. Hmmmm...

Faulty jump to a conclusion. I said no such thing. Where do you think the flavor in bourbon comes from? Goes in as white dog, comes out bourbon. Hmmmm...

God damnit Gabe that doesn't make any fooooooking sense now slap yourself :fro:

Edit: just wanted to thank all you @ssclowns for your support for Friday thanks guys :rockin:

image.jpg
Little Saint Louis, Mo brewery killing IPA's and Belgian, German styles
Glad to have it is Springfield, Mo

1 pint 7oz bottles are great also

Regardless of how bourbon gets its flavor, the statement still stands. By your line of argument, you indirectly imply that all things aged in oak should end up tasting like bourbon. What about wine? Sure is a lot of wine aged in oak that tastes nothing like bourbon...

Enough with the straw man arguments!

Back