What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fine Pilsner since my great Pilsner is gone.
IMG_1067.jpeg

HB Pale Ale.
I wanted to get more familiar with Dextrin Malt, so I made a Pale Ale with a bit of body. In hindsight, it could have been a bit hoppier.
4.5kg Crisp Best Ale Malt
0.8kg Crisp Dextrin Malt
100g Bramling Cross hops (5% AA) - half at 60 min, half at 5 min
US-05
OG: 1.051
FG: 1.018
ABV: 4.3%
22 litres bottled/kegged

IMG_8879.jpg

A delicious Pizza Port amber ale to compliment my birthday lunch. This really is a neat well balanced beer, nice caramel note. This is a beer I’ve never tried all these years, I’m glad it was on the menu. Think they call it their Chronic Ale, 4.9% ABV. Really does remind me of the regional “dark” pizza beers from the 1970’s. Dad let me have a sip…!
IMG_4916.jpeg

Used to make frequent trips (4 a year) to Montreal to visit our outsourcing partner CGI and always enjoyed my share of Rickards Red while enjoying the trip. The food and drink in Montreal was always outstanding and Rickards on tap was a joy.

I suspect most anywhere is going to be better than the food I've had down in London. Appears to be loads of meth though, if you're into that.

I suspect most anywhere is going to be better than the food I've had down in London. Appears to be loads of meth though, if you're into that.
I'll pass on the meth --HB is good enough for me :) Only had one dinner in London and of course had to choose a pub and try authentic Fish-n-Chips (a good meal with a few drafts!). Can't recall the pub but did enjoy that traditional meal.

Drinking a very young saison, bottled last week.just to add to.my notes for future batches.even after only a week of bottle aging, it has good carbonation ( natural carbonation using corn sugar), it fades quickly, but has promise, it's a little more bitter than it should be, but I expect that to mellow..almost wish o chilled 2.

Attachments

• 20230811_165133.jpg
    20230811_165133.jpg
    868.3 KB · Views: 0
Firestone Walker is a great brewery here in Southern California. One of my beer-curious daughters hung out there last weekend for a beer and fun with her significant other. She sent me pictures, but no beer. Obviously I have failed as a father.

Oh well, this gets my beer loving salivary glands longing for a hoppy West Coast beer, quick!

Fortunately, beer is just minutes from here, and what beer it is! A delicious West Coast IPA, 6.7% ABV in a manly sized 19.2 oz smoke stack can of a beer. A can taller than its glass. Love it!

Everything that comes out of Firestone Walker is yummy and delicious. Funny story - Their golden ale was floundering until they switched to the area code name 805 which turned on the college kids in Santa Barbara. Great move! This one maintains the family values… Citrusy, piney, everything you want in a W-Coaster. Great job!

IMG_4935.jpeg

Last edited:
Back