What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What can I say? Great beer!
IMG_20230807_174509.jpg

Fella’s I’m trying to keep the faith here, but skunk coming from what should be Munich’s benchmark lager?

I love this stuff, but check out this lightly colored glass. Talk to your vendors, you need that super dark glass that Ayinger is using. This stuff has to travel half around the world. Either that or start using cans, PLEASE. There really is no excuse for this.

IMG_4910.jpeg
IMG_4912.jpeg

Fella’s I’m trying to keep the faith here, but skunk coming from what should be Munich’s benchmark lager?

I love this stuff, but check out this lightly colored glass. Talk to your vendors, you need that super dark glass that Ayinger is using. This stuff has to travel half around the world. Either that or start using cans, PLEASE. There really is no excuse for this.

View attachment 826705View attachment 826706
It really is unfortunate that some of the best beers in the world are packaged in green/greenish glass. They do look somewhat amber until you hold them up to the light like you’re doing. I never could understand all the talk I heard about how Pilsner Urquell was such a great Pilsner… I thought it was horrible (skunk every time). Now they’re putting it in amber bottles and it actually is a very good beer.

Listening to Drive by Truckers (Dirty South), enjoying a couple HB tropical stouts, and doing some light reading about our upcoming road trip to Alaska. Like what breweries and restaurants we might want to visit.

We had planned to do this trip in 2020, but Covid had other plans. Now, we're going to finally do it. Have most of our lodging booked, so almost ready to go.

Can't wait to see the scenery and try some brews at places along the way. The mountains are calling and we must go...

1000009295.jpg

Back