What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I normally don't post here, or I'd be here all night. ;]

This one is only slightly notable as it is made of 100% Rahr Noth Star Pilsner malt, which is one I've never tried before. Also only 5 weeks since brewing and 3 weeks since crashing, so it is not fully lagered, but one has to make sacrifices
IMG_0018.JPG
in the name of science and find out how the batch is going....

Break in the rains. Getting ready to throw some burgers on the grill.

View attachment 814850
Hope there's not a repeat of the 1860 flood. Entire central valley from Redding to Bakersfield was flooded. Crazy year!

Weekend starts now... sorry no coffee pics. 😏

PXL_20230312_125150852.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Break in the rains. Getting ready to throw some burgers on the grill.

View attachment 814850

Anyways jealous of the large putting green you have back there 😁

Hope there's not a repeat of the 1860 flood. Entire central valley from Redding to Bakersfield was flooded. Crazy year!

Weekend starts now... sorry no coffee pics. 😏

View attachment 814872

Have you seen the news on the coast? Got some nasty flooding (again) nearby. I couldn't imagine what since of these families are going through...they already don't have the means and now 😔

In brighter news, working my way through the cellar - last night
PXL_20230312_150058887.PORTRAIT.jpg

Flow is going great, and the wort is clearing nicely! Only 20min left in the mash, then time for the boil. A very relaxing brew day, making an Amarillo/Citra Double WCIPA, with more flavouring than bittering. Still planning for 8%ish abv and around 85 IBU. :yes:

DoubleAC_mash.jpg

So, time for a HB Imperial Sprucetip Porter! The carb has been awesome, and the smoke bite is subsiding. Very happy with this beer, cannot wait for the new brew to be ready! Cheers! :mug:

Imperial_Sprucetip_Porter_brewday.jpg

Anyways jealous of the large putting green you have back there 😁

Have you seen the news on the coast? Got some nasty flooding (again) nearby. I couldn't imagine what since of these families are going through...they already don't have the means and now 😔

In brighter news, working my way through the cellar - last nightView attachment 814893
I did see Sequel got washed away. Haven't read anything about Ben Lomond, our old stomping grounds.

Final hops are in after a very successful brew day! Woohoo! :ban: 2.5oz each of Citra and Amarillo at 8mins, following the 2.5oz Amarillo at 40mins earlier for bittering. Saved 2oz Amarillo and 4oz Citra for dry hop in 5 days.

DoubleAC_hops.jpg

Ran out of glassware, so sipping a Creamsicle Sour NEIPA from local Cabin Brewing in a camp mug 😁. Mmmm.

My house smells amazing, and very happy with this brew. Doing an outdoor chill after whirlpool because it's the perfect temp. Cheers everyone!😊:mug:

DoubleAC_reward.jpg

Back