What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Çoffee & Pączkis
IMG_20230216_123911.jpg

A 500ml bottle of a Belgian-style dubbel that I brewed in November. This is the last of the plastic bottles. Pilnser malt, D-90 candi syrup, German hops, K1V-1116 yeast. Poured gently into a 600ml beaker, which just barely held all the foam. I probably won't open another bottle until Easter, then they will go quickly. I need to brew this again using homemade dark candy sugar. (I made a pound of it in December to see if I could)

Did ya ever buy something just because the label was cool? Saw this in the liquor store today and had to try it. Yeah, it’s just industrial ethanol, aged for a few years in some kind of wood, with the signature of someone who used to be famous, (John Rich of Big and Rich; I’m surprised there isn’t a tagline on the label reading ‘Save A Horse, Drink My Whisky”), but it ain’t that bad. Hey, it’s got a real cork, so it must be good, amirite?
71F42BE1-EC86-4438-8C21-8220C92212A0.jpeg

HB Amarillo Red Rye Ale. Essentially a grain box clear out brew with some pretty old grain. FG was pretty high and I wasn't expecting much from it, but it's not bad even after only two weeks conditioning. It'll be interesting to see what it's like in another couple of weeks.

IMG_20230217_204550.jpg

5.25 Gallon. 9lb 2row, 1.5lb crystal 60L, .5lb brown, .5lb carafa 1. .5oz hallertau @ 60 min., .5 oz hallertau @60 min. 1 pkg US 05
I use a Clawhammer 110v 10 gallon system. Mash @ 152 degrees for 1 hour, boil 1 hour
O. G. 1.054, F. G. 1.014
I added the second hop addition at 30 min, not 60.

Back