What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the real good guys here, I hope everything is OK with him and his family. But I've noticed, being a member of many different internet groups, people go on breaks away for a variety of reasons, and not all of the reasons are bad or negative. Hope he comes back soon, I enjoy reading his posts and seeing what he's been drinking and been up to.
That's my hope!

HB Irish Red. Keg kicked.
97AD4BC1-9152-4DF8-8605-957F2E32007F.jpeg

First pint from keg of low ABV homebrew Brut IPA: pilsner malt, rice and flaked corn, Waimea hops at 20 min and then Waimea, Citra and Amarillo 15 min after flameout. Citra and Amarillo dry hop, enzyme added to fermenter. Its cloudy, and I think the flavors will settle down in about a week, but it goes down way too easy for a weekday night. Feeling like I'd like to drink 2-3 more pints.
Next time trying same recipe with Citra, Motueka and Nelson Sauvin.
:mug:

Appreciate the concern and the personal contact @TwistedGray. COVID and other personal matters kicked rear end so chilling out a bit. I'd post a beer but caught a stomach bug over the weekend. We lost power for 4 1/2 days due to the ice storm so ate something bad? Peace out and Cheers mates! 🍻

Appreciate the concern and the personal contact @TwistedGray. COVID and other personal matters kicked rear end so chilling out a bit. I'd post a beer but caught a stomach bug over the weekend. We lost power for 4 1/2 days due to the ice storm so ate something bad? Peace out and Cheers mates! 🍻
Glad to hear you’re more or less ok.
:bigmug:

Trying a sample of my Imperial Sprucetip Porter, and I'm happily surprised after 13 days of fermentation! 1.150ish - 1.040 tonight. Wow~! o_O

Very clean finish, coffee in the nose and a smoky flavour, with a slight 'sprucey' citrus/astringent aftertaste + a hit of chocolate. This might be a long-term bottle project with the other half into the keg! :rock: Guess I saved it! :p

23_Imperial Sprucetip_Porter.jpg

23_Imperial_Sprucetip_Porter2.jpg

Had to run some errands in town this morning (Harlem. MT, pop. 600) and picked up a few things at Albertson’s including a Kettlehouse variety pack. I wish I still had my pre Covid palate. Mosaic is one of my favorite flavor hops and I think this is really good.

Attachments

• B5F3193B-DEC2-4B35-9D4F-EE230C57D8DC.jpeg
    B5F3193B-DEC2-4B35-9D4F-EE230C57D8DC.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 0
Back