What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB NEIPA from yesterday
20230415_110012.jpg

A big miscommunication between my wife and I about the 12 pk to pick up while grocery shopping. Might be the most artificial beer I’ve had and that’s saying something as a local spot by me does a warhead sour series that’s actually a collab between warhead and then lol. oh well, dinner will still be bomb
12D2720C-21AC-477A-8240-89DADB65B7FD.jpeg

A big miscommunication between my wife and I about the 12 pk to pick up while grocery shopping. Might be the most artificial beer I’ve had and that’s saying something as a local spot by me does a warhead sour series that’s actually a collab between warhead and then lol. oh well, dinner will still be bombView attachment 817843
I had a taster of that yesterday and thought the same thing. Insanely artificial !!! 🤢

Chapter 2 in the ongoing saga of the Samuel Smith sampler box brings hither this murky bottle of Organic Chocolate Stout. Now I have to preface this by saying I’m not the biggest fan of “chocolatey anything” in my beer glass, in fact that is what made me quit buying Pete’s Wicked Ale back in the 90’s, the merest reference of chocolate on the label. I thought to myself at the time… “wow, I really can taste chocolate in this….. PASS!!!” I read on the label this Organic Stout is not only an open fermentation, but also uses organic cocoa powder. OK, I’m grown up now, I’ll drink it, being organic it will be sure to make me healthy.

Which makes me chuckle, I remember talking to one of my trucker friends who was hauling 18-wheelers of produce here in California. At the farm, one heap of veggies they called regular harvest. The other heap of veggies they called “Organic.” It was the same stuff, being sold to different clients!

So that’s my pre-conceived and biased notions about how much of the “Organic” world operates, half of it is likely a bunch of high priced “same stuff.” If it makes you Greeners feel better, go for it. I’ll enjoy my nitrates.

This stout pours as dark as a basement during a power outage. I seriously poured this thing as violently as I possibly could to raise some head, and virtually nothing. No lacing to speak of either. Taste again is a little rough for me as I am more of a Pilsner and WCIPA fiend, but hey, I don’t throw away anything especially beer. I can really detect the cocoa, it dominates along with some more coffee like notes. This is a beer my Berkeley attending, Starbucks loving daughter might like (Hey can you order Chocolate Stout at a coffee shop?) The cocoa really hangs around, I finished this thing 5 minutes ago and it still lingers. Hand me a Pilsner, quick! 5% ABV, brewed at the Old Tadcaster Brewery.

chocolate.jpg

Last edited:
How are those hop waters? I like a good seltzer water but haven’t tried these.
This one is just flavored with hops, and also has ashwaganda, hence it’s from the health food aisle. The first one just tasted like a fruit flavored seltzer. This one I would say the hops are hard to really distinguish very much in the background. Both are tasty, though I may take a crack at making my own. There’s a video from More Beer, and covers using yeast to get the biotransformation flavors and aromas. This is no substitute for beer. :(

Happy Monday!! They do take on a far different vibe when you're retired. 😄

Enjoying a Spider Space Suit, a DDH West Coast Double IPA, 9.4%. A collaboration between Tarantula Hill Brewing (Thousand Oaks, CA) and Casa Agria Brewing (Oxnard, CA).

Hopped with Citra and Mosaic Incognito, Citra and Mosaic Cryo, Nelson, Nectaron, and Enigma. Really good. Could almost turn me into a WCIPA fan.

75106FF2-0A37-45A4-B07A-5E21B95E9453.jpeg

Happy Monday!! They do take on a far different vibe when you're retired. 😄

Enjoying a Spider Space Suit, a DDH West Coast Double IPA, 9.4%. A collaboration between Tarantula Hill Brewing (Thousand Oaks, CA) and Casa Agria Brewing (Oxnard, CA).

Hopped with Citra and Mosaic Incognito, Citra and Mosaic Cryo, Nelson, Nectaron, and Enigma. Really good. Could almost turn me into a WCIPA fan.

View attachment 817925
Wait, is this a recent event? Show me the way brother! 🙏 😁

HB Raspberry Hard Lemonade

Attachments

• PXL_20230417_221843827.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230417_221843827.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
Wait, is this a recent event? Show me the way brother! 🙏 😁

HB Raspberry Hard Lemonade
First day of retirement was August 8th. Weird, still have the occasional dream about work. When that happens the best cure is to drink heavily. Yeah, that takes care of it. :D

Back