What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Pils since I am drinking beers and the Avs went to OT.

C5B84E90-2FC6-44CC-B4E0-2E2858F5E0B8.jpeg

It's always too many catching up pages, so imma skip them for a change 😆

Sante Fe Brewing Company in the Green Jeans Farmery - that's a mouthful.

Then a half bottle of rosé in our home for the rest of the week (Los Poblanos Inn). We stopped here on our cross country Tesla trip last year and vowed to come back.

...a few more bottles of booze in the fridge :)

imgly_6036944210438503980.jpg

PXL_20220616_010405926.jpg

It's always too many catching up pages, so imma skip them for a change 😆

Sante Fe Brewing Company in the Green Jeans Farmery - that's a mouthful.

Then a half bottle of rosé in our home for the rest of the week (Los Poblanos Inn). We stopped here on our cross country Tesla trip last year and vowed to come back.

...a few more bottles of booze in the fridge :)

View attachment 771950

View attachment 771951

Well spoiler alert, there are beer pictures. Lots of them! 😏

Going with a series of single hop IPAs this summer. Just bottled my Idaho-7, Citra in the fermenter and this is the Bru-1. Needs a bit more time for carbonation. All same grain bill - pretty basic 2-row with 5% rye and flaked oats. Used dried Kviek yeast - which is my go to yeast in the summer.
FE605500-E7D5-402B-B5F7-036A6B9AC9EC.jpeg

Love to see that link..

Recipe here: Malt miller
3-part episode ending on a long chat with Vinnie: Cb&b

Love to try that Pliny you were sipping on the other day. Never had any RR, but have made this & the Row 2, Hill 56 recipes on HBT. A Pliny clone is on the ever-expanding next brew list.

Recipe here: Malt miller
3-part episode ending on a long chat with Vinnie: Cb&b

Love to try that Pliny you were sipping on the other day. Never had any RR, but have made this & the Row 2, Hill 56 recipes on HBT. A Pliny clone is on the ever-expanding next brew list.

Many moons ago, I posted the written brew sheet of PtE on one of the Pliney Clone threads. You'd have to search the rebranded Pianoman name of (GnenieGone). I did the math to convert to 5gal batch. If you give me some time, I might be able to locate it.

Otherwise...edit, original link was incorrect

https://www.bertusbrewery.com/2015/10/pliny-elder-40.html
The clone was much better then the original imho. Had more aroma/flowery. I do whirlpool at 150F which helps with keeping essence in the final product.

Last edited:
Many moons ago, I posted the written brew sheet of PtE on one of the Pliney Clone threads. You'd have to search the rebranded Pianoman name of (GnieneGone). I did the math to convert to 5gal batch. If you give me some time, I might be able to locate it.

Otherwise...edit, original link was incorrect

https://www.bertusbrewery.com/2015/10/pliny-elder-40.html
The clone was much better then the original imho. Had more aroma/flowery. I do whirlpool at 150F which helps with keeping essence in the final product.

I’ve read recipes on several websites & have put together a working recipe I plan to go with. The biggest question I still have is the dry hop — how much Columbus vs Simcoe. If you come across the recipe you mentioned, I’d be interested in seeing it. Thanks!

I’ve read recipes on several websites & have put together a working recipe I plan to go with. The biggest question I still have is the dry hop — how much Columbus vs Simcoe. If you come across the recipe you mentioned, I’d be interested in seeing it. Thanks!

Found it!

Post in thread 'Pliny the Elder Clone' Double IPA - Pliny the Elder Clone

Lagunitas Hazy after loading way too much stuff in the car for one weekend. Going to W. Yellowstone in the AM. The wedding is still a go; that part of the park is on the other side of the mountains that melted off and caused all of the flooding. Here in Billings the Yellowstone River crested at 17.6 ft, almost two feet above the previous record flood.
F5AFEF93-F165-4C23-8025-B5E4275BEFAB.jpeg

Back