What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pale ale keeps getting better. Flavor rounding out, carbonation is just about right, and getting clearer each day.

Attachments

• 9D692E0A-098E-4321-B107-14ADA4EBCDE2.jpeg
    9D692E0A-098E-4321-B107-14ADA4EBCDE2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I have an almost flat Bell's 2-Hearted clone in the mug. The valve just went bad and leaked out the CO2 from the keg. Fortunately the CO2 was turned off because I was out of town (I always do that as a precaution when going away for a while), so I only lost what was in the keg, not the tank. But now I have to rebuild that poppet valve before I can use it again.

What was your ratio of pounds of fruit to gallons of beer, and when did you add the cantaloupe? That's a good spelling bee word!
I juiced enough cantaloupe to get one gallon. I added that juice to 4 gallons of beer after it had been in the fermenter for 3 days. Maybe 1.5 gallons to 3.5 next time.

We have our OBX trip at the end of the month. Corolla. So many kids. So many beers
While the OBX is obviously much more well known for its beaches, the breweries not so much. But if you have the chance to travel south from Corolla to kill devil hills, Swells'a Brewing is a solid brewery IMHO. IPAs are solid, but not over the top. They have a really nice range of styles that I enjoyed though. The other OBX breweries that Ive been to are just "ok" and seemingly cater to the tourist industry which is code for "tourists will buy any beer because they are on vacation anyways". Most OBX breweries seem to have 1-2 beers that I like a good bit and all the others are just "ok". Swells'a though is worth seeking out if you are near.

I juiced enough cantaloupe to get one gallon. I added that juice to 4 gallons of beer after it had been in the fermenter for 3 days. Maybe 1.5 gallons to 3.5 next time.

A good rule of thumb is 1lb of fruit (remove the rind) per 1gal of beer, but I'd say with a cantaloupe, I'd go +1.5lbs because the flavor is subtle.

Latest posts

Back