What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sample of the way too sweet Cherry Quad. At least I used tart cherries. Around 8.5% but should've been around 10.5%.

PXL_20220617_163302221.MP.jpg

Saison. Esters: bubblegum and a hint of banana. A little sweetness but not much carbonation. 6.7%. Pretty tasty!
View attachment 772141
I found your description interesting. For whatever the reason, perhaps the linkages between the British and Belgian traditions, I've sometimes goofed around with the idea of a "mild" saison. Mild, as in the opposite of Stock, is what I'm getting at, not low gravity and dark.

As you can see, you have me toying with the idea again. Could be an interesting early Fall beer and I I've been wracking my noggin trying to come up with a new Big Project, now that I've wrapped up the disgraceful Panther Piss Project.

Thanks for giving me something to mull over.

I found your description interesting. For whatever the reason, perhaps the linkages between the British and Belgian traditions, I've sometimes goofed around with the idea of a "mild" saison. Mild, as in the opposite of Stock, is what I'm getting at, not low gravity and dark.

As you can see, you have me toying with the idea again. Could be an interesting early Fall beer and I I've been wracking my noggin trying to come up with a new Big Project, now that I've wrapped up the disgraceful Panther Piss Project.

Thanks for giving me something to mull over.
Glad you found it interesting! There seem to be many variations under the saison label.

As it’s the first day off in a long while, several of these HB MO/CTZ SMaSH Session IPA’s. Don’t ask me to say it, it took several attempts to type it.View attachment 772143
1) You win head of the day....setting aside the gorgeous, creamy, persistent (just look at those bubbles!) thing you've got going on, you also have ET The Extraterrestrial Peering out of the head, so you win...and it isn't even close.

2) What's under the car cover? That hard beltline kink in the quarter panel has me confused.

1) You win head of the day....setting aside the gorgeous, creamy, persistent (just look at those bubbles!) thing you've got going on, you also have ET The Extraterrestrial Peering out of the head, so you win...and it isn't even close.

2) What's under the car cover? That hard beltline kink in the quarter panel has me confused.
1973 MGB GT.

Thank you, it was driving me nuts.

I'm also a sports car guy. In fact, I'm about to cross 200,000 miles on my old hooptie...but mine is only 24 years old.
It's actually my dad's, but my son learned to weld and grind a bead when he was 5 during the restoration of it. I used them as one of my beer labels. He also has a '53 MG TD.
Polska Piva.jpg

A little earlier, at a wedding rehearsal dinner. A pour (or two) from each of these 5 kegs. I brought a Cream Ale (the keg on the right) and the father of the bride arranged to have an old classmate of his from 30+ years ago, who now works in one of the breweries in Bozeman, to bring the other 4 kegs. He also brewed a Cream Ale, a Huckleberry Cream Ale, an American Ale and a Hefe. He liked my Cream Ale and asked for the recipe.
F767E387-6B7D-4B71-AD44-8FB7EDD97511.jpeg

Back