What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E1CB9936-BDC9-4D39-8773-602C3613CBAC.jpeg

HB Irish Red

Nice label. I'm lucky if I put a "B" sticker for "Belgian" on the bottle.
Avery makes them. These say Presta 94248. 3.75” x 3”. You get 600 labels for about $40. You have to get the ones that say white film. They can be printed on an ink jet or a laser. I have an ink jet. They won’t smear but they can be scratched easily. You use their 94248 template, they print 6 to a sheet. I do my labels in Photoshop but there are other programs too.

Avery makes them. These say Presta 94248. 3.75” x 3”. You get 600 labels for about $40. You have to get the ones that say white film. They can be printed on an ink jet or a laser. I have an ink jet. They won’t smear but they can be scratched easily. You use their 94248 template, they print 6 to a sheet. I do my labels in Photoshop but there are other programs too.
Very cool and a very nice product.
I don't know about you but I sometimes can't tell the difference between a company label and a homemade one.

'Gypsy Fruits' Sour Brett Ale with Grapefruit, from 8 Wired Brewing in Warkworth, New Zealand. Whooo doggie!! This is definitely a sour grapefruit ale, but the yeast really adds to it...aside from the brett stank! Very refreshing, and getting better as it warms up. Interesting... :) 🍻

Gypsy.jpg

Greetings from Isla Mujeres Mexico!

Visit the brewery on the Island...you'll want to take a golf cart (not really walkable if you're near the playa). A little early for whale sharks, too, but I have some connections over there if you're into that.

Jealous!! That's my happy place : )

I’ve been naming beers after Beatles songs and have several posted. Lots of creative stuff in the thread. Good ideas.
I'm always impressed by the members' ability here. I like the Beatles theme. We name the outdoor litters of cats based on themes (princesses, movies, vegetables, etc.)
For better or for worse, all my bottles have raised lettering/symbols (Grolsch) so it's not something I would do.

Last edited:
Been meaning to hit this nanobrew pizza place the next town over. Old railroad/mill town down the depot road. Average pizza, good bar menu , their tap list and own home brew is above average. Biergarten looks sweet. Plus it's just down the street to two of my main golf courses. Maybe my new 19th hole 🤔
IMG_20220217_185234.jpg

Hops plants look sad inside tho
IMG_20220217_190854.jpg

Then home for a late night winter 19th hole
IMG_20220217_204438_1.jpg

An Angry Hank’s Street Fight Red Ale with supper at the Montana Club. This beer has pretty much become the house beer at most of the restaurants in Billings. With good reason. This is a great beer.
View attachment 759949

If, twenty years ago, you had told me that Billings would be drinking beer that color, I'd have laughed in your face.

When homebrewer-inspired beer wins in Billings, you know BudMillerCoors has been vanquished.

If, twenty years ago, you had told me that Billings would be drinking beer that color, I'd have laughed in your face.

When homebrewer-inspired beer wins in Billings, you know BudMillerCoors has been vanquished.
There are 10 brewpubs/taprooms in Billings, 5 of them within walking distance in downtown. Pub crawling can, literally, be a thing. Every restaurant with a liquor license serves locally brewed craft beer. Billings has become a great place to be a craft beer lover. And, there’s a really good LHBS, too.

4A66E87B-A107-491D-AD4B-E03C88798112.jpeg
DE8EE966-4557-4CBC-8F43-F136D8DCE7AC.jpeg
31C9BBB0-CF2C-460B-9BB5-BE335B8DAE79.jpeg
5A4AB7EA-2910-4BDF-BA70-5D5D5DF23FC4.jpeg

Some pictures from the HB Club meeting last night. Forgot to take a picture of my HB DIPA but that was consumed pretty quickly.
I brought two bottles of Bubble Wrap from WeldWorks (thanks @JCasey1992)! My friend brought the Veil and OH variant bottles and last years OH variant bottle. It was fun to try them all side by side. The Veil and WeldWorks bottles were my favorites.
A cream ale draft pour from Crafty’s Ales & Lager (the brewery that supports our club).
Threads from Trillium (thanks @TheDudeLebowski)! Much enjoyed and never had that style before. If my memory is correct it was bottled on 12/12/19.
The Treehouse Porter from my trip through Massachusetts this summer to Maine I’ve been sitting on. That brought up the debate of what makes a Porter not a Stout and vice versa.
Plus many more beers shared, mainly stouts and darker beers given that was the theme for this month.

Nice. Just recently learned of the beer Piraat or it's styles. I like. AND they're available not far from where I stay.

I'm not the world's biggest fan of BSA. I tend to gravitate to Dubbel/triples/quads with more body and less champagne like. My HB versions are all with more body. With that said these are probably my favorite even though they are the dark versions.

Screenshot_20220218-083115.png

Back