What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but with me I've learned that the WIFE is all seeing all knowing. I've learned over the years what causes her Come to Jesus moments , what actions I take result in overwhelming Shock and Awe responses and I've learned to avoid those moments to the best of my ability. Mother Walker never raised such a fool ! I have 1 beer, I live to drink another beer another day !!! 🍻
It’s for your own good… ;) and I guess she likes having you around!

I've had tinnitus for years,
Someone close to me has it, he plays loud music, of all things to drown it out. Not a good situation.
I've had it happen for a few seconds at a time once in a great while and consider myself lucky. Weirdest sensation.

Someone close to me has it, he plays loud music, of all things to drown it out. Not a good situation.
I've had it happen for a few seconds at a time once in a great while and consider myself lucky. Weirdest sensation.
It sucks. Annoying as H. I don't have hearing loss but I have type 2 diabetes and if my sugar starts getting high I get ringing in my ears...weird. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time. Like a early warning system siren. Annoying but necessary.

I've had it for decades; note to my 12-year old self, do not fire a 30-30 without ear protection.

At this point, it's just background noise, but I do like music playing as often as I can to drown it out. Not necessarily so anyone else has to listen to it, but just to distract me.

Went out to snow blow at half time so needed another beer.
5093AD64-0E73-45F7-8796-96B2A9A1E772.jpeg

I have one of my bottle drag fermented Farmhouses I am calling Hail Saison earlier, Before that I had a Farmhouse Ale that I brewed with Hothead. I think I am going to have a the second of the bottle drag fermented Farmhouse that was a split batch that I put Roasted Pecans, Vanilla Beans, and Pear Juice in secondary.

Last edited:
You have another buddy who opened a brewery?
Yep. Two more guys from my HB Club, same as my Humdinger friends. The new brewery, in Grover Beach, will be called Apogee Brewing. They're "soft" open now, with a grand opening scheduled for early March. Great couple of guys, but they have a ways to go to make the leap from garage to a full on brewery. Proof of that is they want me, of all people, to come in and brew a couple of my beers on their system.

Broker's with a twist. Carpano's vermouth new at the Pennsylvania packie... an interesting change up from Dolin. Broker's makes a VERY solid Martini. Carpano's is less sweet than Dolin and a bit spicier. This one prepared 5:1.
20220124_193432.jpg

Edit: Secret to the lemon twist, use a vegetable peeler, snap in half along the horizontal axis over the glass, yellow side down, then rub yellow-side out around the rim. If you can see the lemon oil floating on the surface, you did it correctly. Obvi, glass is from the freezer @ 0F.

Last edited:
Back