What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Night Cap
20200204_202437.jpg

Depends it really doesn’t have a lot of the traditional bourbon flavor the port wine finish takes a lot of that over. It taste like a super smooth bourbon with a lot more sweetness but with the traditional barrel notes toned down dramatically. If your looking for traditional bourbon you don’t want this if your looking for something different but similar this is it as long as you like sweet.

I sip my whiskey from glencarin glassware at room temp

My tasting notes would be

Nose : candied fruit, spice cake and oak

Flavor : sweet grapes, cane sugar, beach wood, light clove and barrel spice

Finish: oak and fruit

$50 a bottle is the issue people love it or hate it and that’s not cheap bourbon and because of the unique character it’s not for everyone. I think it’s fine however I would not consider it a daily drinker because it lacks the traditional bourbon flavor that I enjoy however at the same time there is nothing wrong with this whiskey at all but if your budget is tight I would not be upset missing out on this but if you see it out at a restaurant give it a try for fun but if you can afford it it’s a fun addition to my whisky collection for the unique character. I hope that answers your question and doesn’t leave you with more. If you want to ask more feel free
Thanks for the feedback I'll stick with the normal stuff until I figure out my taste for bourbon. Cracked 1st bottle tonight.

Might need you to share that recipe

68.1% pale malt
10.2% carafoam
6.8% light Munich malt
6.8% lactose
6.8% malted oats
1.3% acid malt

.5 oz magnum fwh
1 oz citra (5 min)
6 oz citra (whirlpool)
1 oz mosaic (whirlpool)
4 oz citra (day 5 fermentation)
4 oz citra (day 7 fermentation)
4 oz mosaic (day 7 fermentation)

Imperial 'dry hop' yeast

Answer me this : how did you incorporate ginger on yours?

I enjoyed the other one more, BUT I haven't tried them side by side.

made my own "gingerbread spice" mix used, ground ginger, and boiled it up with the brown sugar. Added it all to a secondary keg and let it sit for a couple of weeks.

made my own "gingerbread spice" mix used, ground ginger, and boiled it up with the brown sugar. Added it all to a secondary keg and let it sit for a couple of weeks.

Hmmmmmmmmm, wonder what the other guy did. I don't know why, but I found his ginger to be more "authentic" OoooOoooOooOOoOO wouldn't it be funny if his was extract? Bwahahahahaha

Back