What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 614510
Two days of fun filled time with my kids and their friends, I’m ready for some piece and quite at night. A cold one and some Netflix to savor and relax. This may be my nightcap for tonight.
Thanks @dpinette2 for another great FotD beer!

Lots of RESPECT for you pshankstar, it's not easy being a single dad. Our son is also a single dad, two boys 7 & 8. Not always easy. Sounds like you're doing things the right way. Good on ya.

Lots of RESPECT for you pshankstar, it's not easy being a single dad. Our son is also a single dad, two boys 7 & 8. Not always easy. Sounds like you're doing things the right way. Good on ya.
At least he's still interested. My grandkids mother and 2 fathers have no interest. After 3 years of full time care we finally gained 'legal jargon' custody. 4yr and 10yr old. 4yr is a special needs child. Those that have been around probably remember my post on his early days.

Perfect night for a crowler.. love it @PianoMan
IMG_1176.JPG

At least he's still interested. My grandkids mother and 2 fathers have no interest. After 3 years of full time care we finally gained 'legal jargon' custody. 4yr and 10yr old. 4yr is a special needs child. Those that have been around probably remember my post on his early days.

How sad. At least they have you now. Good for you for stepping up.
Working in a school district I'm around all different levels of special needs kids on most days. I get thanked all the time for fixing I/T issues, makes me very embarrassed. Those teachers and care givers are my heroes, true heroes. They're the ones "driving hearts to hospitals," I'm just fixing metal and plastic.

Sorry if I've derailed this.
Back on track....

20180302-194734.jpg

How sad. At least they have you now. Good for you for stepping up.
Working in a school district I'm around all different levels of special needs kids on most days. I get thanked all the time for fixing I/T issues, makes me very embarrassed. Those teachers and care givers are my heroes, true heroes. They're the ones "driving hearts to hospitals," I'm just fixing metal and plastic.

Sorry if I've derailed this.
Back on track....

I'm in IT, my wife is a 2nd grade teacher. I couldn't do what she does. Computers are a lot easier to deal with

Agreed. I had a bourbon barrel beer (before I liked bourbon) and wasn’t a fan (wasted $45 on that one). Then started drinking bourbon and can’t get too much of them....
The funny thing is that I can't stand bourbon. I think it's too harsh. Put it in a stout though and I'm in heaven! I do like a good Canadian whiskey though so maybe I need to revisit bourbon.

Thankfully I’m not a single dad just for the long weekend. My wife is in NYC (6 +/- hour drive) with a girlfriend seeing some broadway shows. She’s a single parent more than I am b/c I travel for work for a week a month. It was much more frequent when our kids were much younger.
When mom’s away I like to let the kids have fun and try to tire them out as much as possible. She does too, but she even says I’m more of the “fun parent”. I tell her mom’s have the hardest job and I mean that. She gets back tomorrow and I’ll see her for a little bit then I’m out the door till late Friday night. For work not broadways shows.

For the times I have the kids on my own I think of all the single parents and think of how hard it is. It’s a lot of work and I count my blessings that I have a great partner in all of this, even though marriage can sometimes be hard too.

@BongoYodeler, I wish your son the best! Again it’s weekends like this that I love to have time with my kids, but it reminds me and keeps me in check of how hard it can be if I was in it on my own full time.

@PianoMan, those kids are lucky to have you in their lives! My younger brother who has much older kids than I do (teen dad) sounds like what you described. My mom was his kids rock, but she passed over 3 years ago. It’s sad to see what has happened since her passing with them. She was more of a parent then him and their mom. God bless you!

It’s 12:30am and breakfast time will be here too soon. Good night, sorry to sidetrack this thread briefly, but I will raise my next glass to you both!

Thankfully I’m not a single dad just for the long weekend. My wife is in NYC (6 +/- hour drive) with a girlfriend seeing some broadway shows. She’s a single parent more than I am b/c I travel for work for a week a month. It was much more frequent when our kids were much younger.
When mom’s away I like to let the kids have fun and try to tire them out as much as possible. She does too, but she even says I’m more of the “fun parent”. I tell her mom’s have the hardest job and I mean that. She gets back tomorrow and I’ll see her for a little bit then I’m out the door till late Friday night. For work not broadways shows.

For the times I have the kids on my own I think of all the single parents and think of how hard it is. It’s a lot of work and I count my blessings that I have a great partner in all of this, even though marriage can sometimes be hard too.

@BongoYodeler, I wish your son the best! Again it’s weekends like this that I love to have time with my kids, but it reminds me and keeps me in check of how hard it can be if I was in it on my own full time.

@PianoMan, those kids are lucky to have you in their lives! My younger brother who has much older kids than I do (teen dad) sounds like what you described. My mom was his kids rock, but she passed over 3 years ago. It’s sad to see what has happened since her passing with them. She was more of a parent then him and their mom. God bless you!

It’s 12:30am and breakfast time will be here too soon. Good night, sorry to sidetrack this thread briefly, but I will raise my next glass to you both!

Not to side track the thread even more.. No kids here yet, but you’re the kind of parent I aspire to be when the time comes. Cheers!

How do you like masthead? I see there stuff around when I’m in the area but have yet to grab any

Um, it’s my favorite brewery in the area!! I usually don’t seek out their new releases because the line is usually wrapped around the block before it gets sold out lol. So I just get it when I see it on tap. Highly recommend checking out the brewery. They are so incredible and they do it consistently for the most part. Now they’re known for a lot of hazy ipa’s but every style I have had from them has been really solid. Great pizza at the brewery as well.

My first attempt at a Milkshake IPA
Featuring Denali, Mosiac, and Citra. Fermented on Puréed Peaches, Mangoes, and Pineapple. Finished with lactose and a tincture of 3 Vanilla Bean.

Since it’s my first batch of this style and as some of you know my wife and I were blessed with our first child this week, I have now named it...........
“First Latch”
ADC3EC3A-77BD-4070-BF8C-FDF21FBB9C32.jpeg

Featuring Denali, Mosiac, and Citra. Fermented on Puréed Peaches, Mangoes, and Pineapple. Finished with lactose and a tincture of 3 Vanilla Bean.

Since it’s my first batch of this style and as some of you know my wife and I were blessed with our first child this week, I have now named it...........
“First Latch” View attachment 614579
Congrats again man! May you guys be blessed and enjoy all that comes with being parents.

Congratulations on the human! The beer looks good also!!

Might take some time to finish b[ ATTACH=full]614598[/ATTACH]
Wow! Are they different? How many are you allowed to buy at one time? Can you give a general idea of cost? Looking at driving to Tree House and Trillium over a weekend (from Austin) and just fricking load up. Seems cheeper then keep paying for shipping/trading.

OT: Wendy's Unsweetened Tea..on the rocks

Enough of you! No more posting awesome looking beers until you join the Fellowship of the Home Brew trade thread. [emoji39]

Congratulations on the newest member of your family also. Cheers!

Enough of you! No more posting awesome looking beers until you join the Fellowship of the Home Brew trade thread. [emoji39]

Congratulations on the newest member of your family also. Cheers!
Thanks brother!!!! I want to join it but I’m having a lot of trouble bottling and shipping these hoppy beers without them oxidizing on me. I tried twice now and all the NE just get shot and I care too much about the quality to give someone less then my best. I am talking to the beverage center by me to see if I pay for the crowlers if they will pack my entire keg in crowlers

Wow! Are they different? How many are you allowed to buy at one time? Can you give a general idea of cost? Looking at driving to Tree House and Trillium over a weekend (from Austin) and just fricking load up. Seems cheeper then keep paying for shipping/trading.

OT: Wendy's Unsweetened Tea..on the rocks

That’s just short of 6 Hondo if I’m taking a guess. Those Mettle’s are 20.20 a four pack same for those light houses.

Depending on the beer it’s usually 3 four pack per person, sometimes a case.

Latest posts

Back