What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Are they different? How many are you allowed to buy at one time? Can you give a general idea of cost? Looking at driving to Tree House and Trillium over a weekend (from Austin) and just fricking load up. Seems cheeper then keep paying for shipping/trading.

OT: Wendy's Unsweetened Tea..on the rocks

You can crash here on your trip. Just a small room tax...

IMG_5194.JPG

Putting this on my "to try" list. Local?

Sadly no they are not. The Veil is out of Scott’s Addition in Richmond. We go down there a lot since all my in-laws are down there. But........I always bring a ton back and there’s this thing called the FotD you should look into ........so......

The-Mule.jpg
Wow! Are they different? How many are you allowed to buy at one time? Can you give a general idea of cost? Looking at driving to Tree House and Trillium over a weekend (from Austin) and just fricking load up. Seems cheeper then keep paying for shipping/trading.

OT: Wendy's Unsweetened Tea..on the rocks

Waaaaait a minute you just cant say drive up for the weekend from Austin?!?!?! I know average drives in them parts are 3 hours buuuut.. There are good beers en route but Jetblue tickets are just over $200 to Worcester which is half the distance from Boston to Treehouse plus https://armsbyabbey.com/draft-bottles/ is in that town and would be easy to get a car avoid traffic, head to Treehouse and back into Boston for Trillium to drop off the cah and fly out of Boston. Worcester isn't exactly a greatest city to get the first impression of Mass but that tap list always has at least 4 taps of Hill Farmstead (to me the best brewery in NE). That's unless you'll be hauling a sh*t ton in a flat bed for the next FoTd.....

Last edited:
Thanks brother!!!! I want to join it but I’m having a lot of trouble bottling and shipping these hoppy beers without them oxidizing on me. I tried twice now and all the NE just get shot and I care too much about the quality to give someone less then my best. I am talking to the beverage center by me to see if I pay for the crowlers if they will pack my entire keg in crowlers
I use a beer gun. You douce the bottle in CO2 first prior to filling. Same thing as crowlers...at least thats how they do it at Pinthouse Pizza.

HB Hefe...1 and done tonight, very long week ahead.
20190224_200329.jpeg

View attachment 614680

Waaaaait a minute you just cant say drive up for the weekend from Austin?!?!?! I know average drives in them parts are 3 hours buuuut.. There are good beers en route but Jetblue tickets are just over $200 to Worcester which is half the distance from Boston to Treehouse plus https://armsbyabbey.com/draft-bottles/ is in that town and would be easy to get a car avoid traffic, head to Treehouse and back into Boston for Trillium to drop off the cah and fly out of Boston. Worcester isn't exactly a greatest city to get the first impression of Mass but that tap list always has at least 4 taps of Hill Farmstead (to me the best brewery in NE). That's unless you'll be hauling a sh*t ton in a flat bed for the next FoTd.....
Thought about that. I'd probably fly to Vermont 1st, rent a car, errr 15ft Uhaul, [emoji16], then work down to Mass..

My ridiculously tiny hand is holding my latest homebrew, a Raging Red - Irish Red Ale that, because I can, I have renamed Hacksaw Revenge.

I too just brewed that recipe and am growing fond of it. I also renamed mine. It’s called Lacey’s Red in honor of my great-great grandfather who immigrated here from Ireland in 1878. He worked for a brief time in the malt department of a Chicago brewery after arriving here.

I too just brewed that recipe and am growing fond of it. I also renamed mine. It’s called Lacey’s Red in honor of my great-great grandfather who immigrated here from Ireland in 1878. He worked for a brief time in the malt department of a Chicago brewery after arriving here.
Great story and a fine tribute. Cheers.

Could it then be consider and imperial hobby Amber? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet..... lol
Lol. I'm not sure, I just made a double IPA and added one dram of caramel flavoring to The keg!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back