What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5191.JPG

I have a ball jar with Hill dregs, one with Trillium sour dregs and one with Russian River dregs going. The Hill is about to find some wort this spring.

I tend to “steal” the wilds to get the local fauna.

I also steal alchemist, veil, and triple Crossing for my NEIPAs.

I use Mystic Brewing’s Saison Renaud (local here) for my Saisons

I try never to buy yeast. Unless I’m looking for a Belgian yeast. Then I leave it for WLP500 or WLP550

Paul Hindemith? Agreed! Innovative and interesting music. That sheet music is Prokovief Toccata which I've decided the fingers are not ready for. The Rach piece is the cadenza (solo) from the 3rd Piano Concerto (certainly not the whole gosh darn concerto!!) Cadenza is fast, and a **** ton of notes, but cords..so I'm not as scared?? [emoji16] Ask me again in 6 months!

Holy schnikeys dude! That’s some series stuff!

I try never to buy yeast. Unless I’m looking for a Belgian yeast. Then I leave it for WLP500 or WLP550

I like to buy, then breed clean yeasts and get about 4 or 5 brews out of a purchase, but the funky stuff (and I am finally gonna get into sours) I am afraid to build up, so I am gonna supplement with my favorites and start saving yeast from the cakes and see how many generations I can get and which of these three I go with. Long feedback loop though.

If I may be so bold, you need to be more involved with FotHB..always searching for unique HBs.

Y'all know how to party! Was born in Lincoln 1967. Parents moved to California but spent every childhood summer there with both grandparents. Considered my home state..obviously.

I was also born in Sidney...
I’m an engineer on my volunteer fire department and we volunteered to pour beer one year for a little extra money. It was very fun to watch folks as the evening progressed. By the end of the night the best some people could manage was a grunt when they ordered another mug.

Since LHBS didn't have WLP630 used WLP644 for a Belgian Blond type recipe. Have to order it from NB I guess. It's sitting at 80+....well see.

I was going to use a clean yeast and let the lacto shine but @RPh_Guy turned me on to doing a mixed pitch and letting the sach trois flavor come out. I prefer them real sour and it turned out great.

I was also born in Sidney...
I’m an engineer on my volunteer fire department and we volunteered to pour beer one year for a little extra money. It was very fun to watch folks as the evening progressed. By the end of the night the best some people could manage was a grunt when they ordered another mug.
I think your describing my friends here on HBT! [emoji3]

Dad has a story. Apparently folks in Lincoln used to have neighborhood parties..guess people liked each other back then. Grandpa brewed. GP would just pour from the bucket into folks glasses. Dad said once they got to the "brown stuff" at the bottom, that's when people got really "weird". Guess you can read into that from a 1950s 8 year old point of view. [emoji16]

Actually never had a barrel aged beer, but I'm not scared to try. I'm a big fan of Jack Daniels :drunk:...
In my opinion, it's definitely an acquired taste. I used to absolutely HATE barrel aged beers but they have grown on me to the point where they are one of my favorite styles. If you get the opportunity, you should definitely try it!

In my opinion, it's definitely an acquired taste. I used to absolutely HATE barrel aged beers but they have grown on me to the point where they are one of my favorite styles. If you get the opportunity, you should definitely try it!
Funny how chemistry with people are different. I'd marry my 1st BA. Main reason I got into brewing. Them and DIPAs.

Crap, was supposed to save this for a friend..2 bad

20190223_203722.jpeg

Agreed. I had a bourbon barrel beer (before I liked bourbon) and wasn’t a fan (wasted $45 on that one). Then started drinking bourbon and can’t get too much of them....

Back