What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty bunk that they'd hold it that long. How does one get to reserve though?

More session ipa. Calling it a night as I got a long day ahead of me before vacation.

I dunno but it involved a married couple and the blonde girl that works there... Maybe they're friends. Bolshevik because I asked her a while back if they had any and she said they "sold out" ............. Liar.

Third pitcher and no signs of stopping. OPERATION KEG KILLER

View attachment 1428986601472.jpg

Is that a 2008? I drank my last one a year ago. I wondered if anyone else had one left as I was drinking it. lol. I actually opened it 2,000 days after it was bottled, purely by accident.

Yes it was a 2008. Still have one more left but will probably trade it off since after having one last night I wouldn't want to wait much longer for the other. Makes me glad I traded my 07's a few months ago.

Lots of coffee now...

On topic...coffee and water.

Water before leaving for CT. Going to be longer than usual today I fear - all day meeting.
I was up when you posted that and thought to myself how incredible insane it would be to have to leave that early for work. Earliest I used to leave was 5 am. Somehow 4 sounds worse. Way worse.
Coffee. Always fun to get the 5 year old up at 530 in order to drop him at daycare. Single parenting, ftw.
Holy **** balls! I was just thinking about you the other day. It was nothing creepy, I had just wondered what happened to you. I'm glad to see you around, but I am sorry about the struggles of single parenting. It's the one part of life I've never had to endure because I don't have any children that I am aware of.
Enjoying unemployment while I can.

Coff.
View attachment 270990
Man, it is rough. I think about job loss too often given the company I am in and how it feels like it can happen to me every other day. I really hope you get home and land on your feet. I think you will and I hope it is a schedule and work environment that lets you have the flexibility you seem to have. What about heading back to your old company?

Full Throttle Blue Agave aka Sweet Nectar of the Gods.

Tuesday is off to a good start.

Enjoying unemployment while I can.

Coff.
View attachment 270990

I am hoping that things work out for you. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Previously, I seemed to be attracted to government contracted jobs. Luckily I always saw the signs when the end was near. Now that I am working for a University, things seem to be stable.

Lucky! It is too bad they bottled it in a twist off.

I want to know what your cellar looks like, it must be the size of my garage. Lol.

I opened a few last year and it hadn't fallen off at all. Opened one next to a Rare and a Pappy Remy and it was just as good as them in the opinions of myself and the 2 friends that were there. I cant imagine its going to hold up forever though. I wasn't planning to age them this long I just kind of forgot about them. I have heard that the years leading up to '08 got oxidized pretty badly, much quicker also.

Coffee. Holding out hope that today will be better than yesterday. Floor scrubber blew a hydraulic line and threw oil down for about 30 yards. Cleanup only took three hours.

Lagunitas has officially landed in town... now I don't have to drive a half hour for it.

Wish they would bring Surly back though, it has distro literally a half hour away, but they can't make it into a metro area of 245,000? We had distro a few years ago, but they pulled it. Still ticks me off.

/rantover

Lagunitas has officially landed in town... now I don't have to drive a half hour for it.

Wish they would bring Surly back though, it has distro literally a half hour away, but they can't make it into a metro area of 245,000? We had distro a few years ago, but they pulled it. Still ticks me off.

/rantover

shyynkZzDVYv6.gif

Man, it is rough. I think about job loss too often given the company I am in and how it feels like it can happen to me every other day. I really hope you get home and land on your feet. I think you will and I hope it is a schedule and work environment that lets you have the flexibility you seem to have. What about heading back to your old company?

Definitely stinks. My old company is a sub-business within the same company. It's a free-for-all there with every job posting open to the public. At the last position I held there, there were 127 applicants for my position...7 got interviewed and ultimately I was chosen. Now, with over 500 people being laid-off at my current office (just 10 miles away from the other), there will be a **** load of people (laid-off) that will be trying to land jobs at the corporate office.

I'm having a goya pineapple juice while I pack my cooler full-o-beer for another beach day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/11/b...lectric-to-sell-bulk-of-its-finance-unit.html

I opened a few last year and it hadn't fallen off at all. Opened one next to a Rare and a Pappy Remy and it was just as good as them in the opinions of myself and the 2 friends that were there. I cant imagine its going to hold up forever though. I wasn't planning to age them this long I just kind of forgot about them. I have heard that the years leading up to '08 got oxidized pretty badly, much quicker also.

I love finding beer I forgot I had in the cellar. Mine wasn't doing so hot last year, lots of oxidation and autolysis. A bit more than I expected at it's age.

Yes it was a 2008. Still have one more left but will probably trade it off since after having one last night I wouldn't want to wait much longer for the other. Makes me glad I traded my 07's a few months ago.

Lots of coffee now...

I would give another 6 months to a year max to drink. Unless you stash it in a fridge. But that's just my opinion, man. You know what they say about that.

Hmm...I know a guy that works out of the NOLA office.

When you said *****ey and Houston, I was about to guess the place, but I see it confirmed in the screenshot already.

Last bit of Coff.

I know a lot of those guys there including 3-4 of the senior leaders there. That's where I was for the week back in December.

Starting the day off with this. Tastes like the best beer I ever had. So nice and cold.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1429023645.162928.jpg

The guy I know is named Mark and he works in Info Security. He almost hired me at his previous company when he was in Baton Rouge.

Don't know anyone from that team. I know most of the agile teams, UX teams, .net and angularjs guys along with their bosses and boss' bosses.

When you said *****ey and Houston, I was about to guess the place, but I see it confirmed in the screenshot already.

Last bit of Coff.

Yeah, they're also pretty overpriced and in a part of town I don't like to frequent. I went there yesterday for the BB9 release and they handled the release pretty well and organized. Over all I've been happy with the times I've been there, I just don't go often. I might have to go for the Goose Island clean out, though. $4 for vanilla rye on tap and $14 for a bottle? Yes, please.

I'm drinking @mattmmille 's portobello mushroom Gose. On technical merit for Gose it's real good. But man, that mushroom. Maybe it's a drink only with food type of beer. Now you need to tell me what to do with it. ;-)

Back