What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crushin the easy way... drinking the hard way.

0320052002.jpg

Where do you keep finding these "rare vintage" cellar quality beers?

Reminds me of when I first joined HBT. I had a bunch of "beers of the world" that I had used for bar decorations for 12 years. I finally got sick of looking at them and put them in the fridge. I spent a whole weekend on HBT giving my reviews of these horrible, oxidized, nasty beers. I'm amazed I didn't die of dysentery. I think Revvy was there for every nasty beer to give encouragement. Funny stuff.

First full carb bottle of my teady hopper vr.1 it's a solid dipa but not heady at least I don't think so been since December since I had one so memory is kinda shorting on me hoping to do a side by side but we will see if I can track down a can, the out side light was crappy I'll get a better pic in a few days and see what the color comparison is like

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426895138.788889.jpg

So what's the verdict

They are all nice. The 2015 KBS is my favorite. This is the first one we cracked open. We still have a couple 2014's left in the basement. After a year the chocolate and coffee flavors fade and it's a little fruitier. I actually don't know if I've had the Imperial Stout before now. I was there last week and they had 4 packs in the cooler and I thought what the heck. It is smooth for being such a big beer. Definitely a different taste than the breakfast stout. I'm a big fan of Founders beer and tonight is not changing that. 3 good beers and watching March madness.

After having a 2014 KBS, if I got a 2015, I'd age it a year. It was too boozy for me. Places around here are all sold out already. I wanted to send one to Marc on a trade.

Oh, and don't know if Khuennen (sp?) puts out their DRIPA year round, which is better than THA, but since it is not sold packaged, it is in a different category.

Ok, on the topic of what we can get in our area, I'm heading to Florida again in two weeks (east coast). What is distributed there that I can't get here? Do not mention Cigar City, as I am very familiar with their stuff...and will load up...and I know I can (and will) get Sculpin there. What else?

You know how I know your "tipsy"? You are quoting full house.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with quoting Full House.

tumblr_m5z8pj70HR1r79nqko1_500.gif

With two daughters, I have seen more Full House in the past six months than I ever did when it was on primetime. I think it is "in" again.

For nostalgia's sake, I wouldn't mind watching it again, though not too much at one time. I watched that show every day when I was a kid.

They are all nice. The 2015 KBS is my favorite. This is the first one we cracked open. We still have a couple 2014's left in the basement. After a year the chocolate and coffee flavors fade and it's a little fruitier. I actually don't know if I've had the Imperial Stout before now. I was there last week and they had 4 packs in the cooler and I thought what the heck. It is smooth for being such a big beer. Definitely a different taste than the breakfast stout. I'm a big fan of Founders beer and tonight is not changing that. 3 good beers and watching March madness.

They do make some good beers I love the imperial stout.

Ok, on the topic of what we can get in our area, I'm heading to Florida again in two weeks (east coast). What is distributed there that I can't get here? Do not mention Cigar City, as I am very familiar with their stuff...and will load up...and I know I can (and will) get Sculpin there. What else?

Everything your heart desires. Seriously, it takes 2:20 to drive from Tampa to Daytona and 16 hours to go from Key west to Panama City. Where are you staying? There are really cool breweries from West Palm to St Augustine on the east coast.

Back