What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything your heart desires. Seriously, it takes 2:20 to drive from Tampa to Daytona and 16 hours to go from Key west to Panama City. Where are you staying? There are really cool breweries from West Palm to St Augustine on the east coast.

After driving 20+ hours with three kids, I'm not traveling once I'm there. Last year, I had business in Tampa and went to Cigar...maybe the best brewpub I've ever been to. Not this year. I'll be in Ft. Pierce (on Hutchinson Island). I know of two very good stores there...just want to know what to look for.

Originally from Philly, living in Florida. Visiting SIL in s jersey this week. Really like the triple. I also got the "FREEZE". Were they more local before?

They were in Lawrenceville, right over the bridge. Now they are further up the turnpike. I don't see their stuff as often anymore

A little Yeti.

f4b03d3828c92a6cbf3a503db92e7f95_640x640.jpg

At my favorite local brewery my buddy opened a few months back, The Beer Research Institute. Had their dry hopped saison called intergalactic which was 7.7abv and damn good.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426903023.620830.jpg

The on to the Mosaic wheat they call Mo' Wheat which is probably the best wheat beer I've ever had
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426903132.958274.jpg

Love their beer sign and the lighting with the flasks and Edison bulbs just kick ass
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426903209.647268.jpg

Seems like it took just a little longer than an hour to deliver that bat to son #1. Or were you drinking without us all this time?!?!?! :fro:

Ha never without you all! :) bat was successfully delivered...although according to him it didn't seem to help on day 4 of tryouts...worst tryout ever! Cut day is tomorrow...
Still sippin The HB black ipa....seriously BUCKNUTS I'm really enjoying

After having a 2014 KBS, if I got a 2015, I'd age it a year. It was too boozy for me. Places around here are all sold out already. I wanted to send one to Marc on a trade.

I'm torn. The 2014 was nice but i liked the 2015 a little better at this point. We got our hands on 1 bottle of BCBS this year and that one I really wish I had aged. Personally I like the KBS a lot better.

I'll have to take your word for it, Texas is not in there footprint.
Houston definitely is. Other than NHC last year, every Bell's I've bought has come from Houston.
Ok, on the topic of what we can get in our area, I'm heading to Florida again in two weeks (east coast). What is distributed there that I can't get here? Do not mention Cigar City, as I am very familiar with their stuff...and will load up...and I know I can (and will) get Sculpin there. What else?
Depending on where you're at, I would say Rapp, Cycle, J Dub's, and Intuition should be on your radar. Tampa Bay Brewing would be another as well as 7venth Sun. That list is heavily Tampa-area-weighted, though.

Last one (well, there's one more left, but I have to take care of a hop-head buddy of mine):

This because it's actually a decent IPA at 4.7% ABV. Because I know you a-holes care, last week I was talking about my beard being at an awkward stage and I wanted to shave it. I didn't, and now it is only days away from being ****ing magnificent.

I don't give a rat's craphole about your hipster beard.

This because it's actually a decent IPA at 4.7% ABV. Because I know you a-holes care, last week I was talking about my beard being at an awkward stage and I wanted to shave it. I didn't, and now it is only days away from being ****ing magnificent.

Normally I'd chalk up all that beard talk to being drunk. But I see your drinking water so it must be true. ;)

I don't give a rat's craphole about your hipster beard.

I repeat, shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

What is funny, if you knew me outside of HBT, I'm very conservative (not in the political sense, but in my personal habits). My wife claims I'm in my mid life crisis because of the brewing and the recent guitar infatuation...but the beard is different. Perfectly trimmed at all times. More "businessman beard" than "hipster beard".

I could have sworn I've picked up Two Hearted and Kalamazoo at Spec's Smith St. before. I guess I could be mixing it up with a Pensacola trip though.

Yep. Must be mixing up the two locations. I wish they were here. I've been wanting Bell's here ever since my first double cream stout and cherry stout in '06.

I repeat, shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

What is funny, if you knew me outside of HBT, I'm very conservative (not in the political sense, but in my personal habits). My wife claims I'm in my mid life crisis because of the brewing and the recent guitar infatuation...but the beard is different. Perfectly trimmed at all times. More "businessman beard" than "hipster beard".

Don't worry. I think everyone with a beard is either a hipster or homeless. Sometimes it's hard to tell which one is the case.
I usually stay clean shaven unless I'm sick, lazy, on vacation, or on a hunting/fishing trip. Just got my first shipment of razors from dollarshaveclub.com today. I'm definitely sold. Most comfortable shave I've ever had. #offtopic
#reportedmyself

Yep. Must be mixing up the two locations. I wish they were here. I've been wanting Bell's here ever since my first double cream stout and cherry stout in '06.

I know that compared to some of you guys I'm a sheltered beer drinker. But I do travel and trade, and I think Bell's is the best all around brewery that I know. Some places do great dark beers, others great hoppy beers. I think Bell's does the spectrum as well as anyone. However, after tasting some stuff at Cigar City last year that they don't package, I'm inclined to believe they may be on the same level.

Don't worry. I think everyone with a beard is either a hipster or homeless. Sometimes it's hard to tell which one is the case.
I usually stay clean shaven unless I'm sick, lazy, on vacation, or on a hunting/fishing trip. Just got my first shipment of razors from dollarshaveclub.com today. I'm definitely sold. Most comfortable shave I've ever had. #offtopic
#reportedmyself

37153542.jpg

Back