What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel fer ya lad ... my oldest is 25 and she has intention of leaving home ... :beard:

Intention? KICK her out lol. I couldnt stand living at home, especially when you lived on your own before. I bought my house when I was 24 because screw apartments and land lords :D

Intention? KICK her out lol. I couldnt stand living at home, especially when you lived on your own before. I bought my house when I was 24 because screw apartments and land lords :D

Bought my house at 24 and my neighbor's daughters were 3-4 years younger than me. I've been in the house 7+ years now and they are still living there. He complains all the time.

I was a late-bloomer, didn't buy my house until 25.

Was pretty stupid, since I paid $500 rent for 4 years before I realized I was throwing my money away. The college apt., well... couldn't really avoid that one.

On the other hand, kind of glad I didn't have to dick around with selling a starter home.

Moved out at 18, bought my house at 22. I don't understand fully functioning capable people that live with their parents into their late 20's and beyond.

On the cawfeeeeeeee

Moved out at 18, bought my house at 22. I don't understand fully functioning capable people that live with their parents into their late 20's.

On the cawfeeeeeeee

I work with a lady in her late 50s who still lives with her parents. Never moved out. She still acts like a teenager when talking about them. It's kind of bizarre to see someone so accomplished have that situation.

Coffee.

You wealthy mf'ers.... 31 and still nowhere near owning a home. Perhaps because the cheapest home in the worst part of town here probably costs as much or more than your house. Condos are the only things remotely affordable, and can't even afford that. So renting a shoebox it stays...

Drinking water.

Be one thing iffin' there was help with the household bills, but .......

I have a rule, if you have a job, you pay a bill. Insurance, gas, feed yourself whatever. As long as you're in school, you have a home. I will keep the home for you for free as long as you need it, while you're a student. No school, you pay rent at roughly one quarter the market rate for a 3 bedroom house on a 1/4 acre lot. That's way cheaper than any apartment I'd allow them to rent in my town.

You wealthy mf'ers.... 31 and still nowhere near owning a home. Perhaps because the cheapest home in the worst part of town here probably costs as much or more than your house. Condos are the only things remotely affordable, and can't even afford that. So renting a shoebox it stays...

Drinking water.

Wealthy? Ha! I wish.

I have a rule, if you have a job, you pay a bill. Insurance, gas, feed yourself whatever. As long as you're in school, you have a home. I will keep the home for you for free as long as you need it, while you're a student. No school, you pay rent at roughly one quarter the market rate for a 3 bedroom house on a 1/4 acre lot. That's way cheaper than any apartment I'd allow them to rent in my town.

Wish the gub'ment had those same rules.

Stood behind two leeches this morning as they bought a crapload of energy drinks and chips on EBT, then paid for their 4 packs of cigs with cash.

Awesome.

Stood behind two leeches this morning as they bought a crapload of energy drinks and chips on EBT, then paid for their 4 packs of cigs with cash.

Awesome.

For every leech there's 10 in need. They'll get theirs in the end.

Drinking water.

Go back to Staffordshire; it's cheaper.

Coff.

Haha, no way. I'm "on the mend" at the moment. Making sure I don't get any unexpected tax deductions if you know what I mean...

Oh man, that'll be me in the not-too-distant future.

Working on that second tax deduction now. :hs:

Coffee.

When I was 19 my father bought a house for me on the agreement that I pay the mortgage (got roommates) and pay a fair appraised price for it when I was established enough to get a loan. When I was 24 my dad got a 16,000 check and my payment went down $100 a month! A month later he screwed me on a car deal and congratulated me on being out on my own.

Awesome.
We have a pizza place called Papa Murphy's, a take a bake joint. They accept EBT. That annoys me but I'm sure there are people who will strongly disagree with me.

For every leech there's 10 in need. They'll get theirs in the end.

They don't get theirs in the end though. At least not the ones I know who are mooching off the system.

More coffee.

Oh and I was 32 when I bought my first house. I lived in So. Cal. and best I could afford was a condo in the ghetto. No lie. The house I rented was a 40 year old 3 bedroom 1500 square feet and it was $375k. Unless I was a moron who signed on the dotted line for an interest only loan, there was no way I was going to be able to afford it. I was stupid though, had I done that then my loan could have been modified. My credit would suck, but I'd have a house where I wanted to be.

To a degree, they do. The ones who irritate me are those that can actually work, but don't want to because they can make money sitting on the porch waiting on a government check each month. But, this isn't the what's wrong with society thread. ;) So on topic, fresh squeezed (yesterday) strawberry lemonade.

We have a pizza place called Papa Murphy's, a take a bake joint. They accept EBT. That annoys me but I'm sure there are people who will strongly disagree with me.

Yep, plenty. "You can't tell them what to buy, it's their choice" blah, blah.

I like the way WIC works... you can have things from this list, go get it. It's nutritional and you can make a ton of stuff with it.

Anyway... we have a Papa Murphy's too, talk about stoned to the bone, kids in there can barely open their eyes.

Well, me either when I'm in there, but you know.

Back OT... water.

Drinking water.

Condos being affordable? Where are you living? Sure the morgage is cheaper, but you still have to pay for the condo fees which can be the same cost or more than another freaking morgage payment. I am 34 and bought my house 5 years ago. I could afford it by myself, but it is far more affordable with me renting the upstairs 3 rooms out. Pays off most of my monthly payments too.

For me a condo may have been semi affordable, but resale is definitely bad. Unless that condo is in a location where most places are condos like resort style towns and such, there was no way I was going to buy a condo. I saw a lot of resale condos where owners were either just breaking even, taking a slight loss, or the condos sat on the market for well over 180 days. To me, condos are tough to resell. Better to buy and rent if you want to move to a detached home than to try and sell the condo.

They don't get theirs in the end though. At least not the ones I know who are mooching off the system.

More coffee.

Oh and I was 32 when I bought my first house. I lived in So. Cal. and best I could afford was a condo in the ghetto. No lie. The house I rented was a 40 year old 3 bedroom 1500 square feet and it was $375k. Unless I was a moron who signed on the dotted line for an interest only loan, there was no way I was going to be able to afford it. I was stupid though, had I done that then my loan could have been modified. My credit would suck, but I'd have a house where I wanted to be.

The food stamps is somewhat broken in that sense.

Housing is fairly cheap around here. I got my house a 1992 3/2 1750 sqft on a 1/3rd acre and I paid 106K after talking the homeowner down from 120K and paying all the closing cost. :tank:

I'm not saying people in need shouldn't be able to get a pizza. I guess it is just that more and more places are offering to accept EBT. There has to be some kind of line. On the other hand, I learned that paper products like paper towels and toilet paper aren't eligible for EBT. I find that odd. How about drop the pizza and fast food eligibility and let them buy bog roll?!

Weirdos. Anyway, my annoyance has to do with knowing someone who games the system and has for years. I have a semi-irrational view on this one because of it.

Housing in NC is better for me. I would not own what I own in So. Cal. and while the weather is great, I certainly do not love the congestion and over-population.

Where is @remmy

I'm not saying people in need shouldn't be able to get a pizza. I guess it is just that more and more places are offering to accept EBT. There has to be some kind of line. On the other hand, I learned that paper products like paper towels and toilet paper aren't eligible for EBT. I find that odd. How about drop the pizza and fast food eligibility and let them buy bog roll?!

Weirdos. Anyway, my annoyance has to do with knowing someone who games the system and has for years. I have a semi-irrational view on this one because of it.

Housing in NC is better for me. I would not own what I own in So. Cal. and while the weather is great, I certainly do not love the congestion and over-population.

Where is @remmy

Keeping fit. @gym

Haha, no way. I'm "on the mend" at the moment. Making sure I don't get any unexpected tax deductions if you know what I mean...

Both of my deductions were unplanned, but that's how I roll. ;) Best get out the bag of frozen peas haha. They said on the radio yesterday that this time of year is when the most guys get it done. Apparently that way they can just hang out and watch basketball all day. Not a bad plan if you're into that sort of thing.

Where is @remmy

Probably spitting on a homeless person.

downsized_0319051029.jpg

Latest posts

Back