What are people doing to get their homebrew evaluated?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumaJuice

Reaction score
Like everything else, most competitions have been cancelled indefinitely. I know some are coming back virtually or hybrid in some capacity but overall, there's just a more limited opportunity to get feedback on my homebrew.

What are people doing to get their homebrew evaluated? Is there anything out there to pay to have it evaluated by a panel of judges and get full, thorough written feedback, just not in a competition setting?
I'd imagine the judging panel would need to comprise of at least 3 judges with a ranking of Grand Master or above. Open to discussion.

There's also the issue of shipping. What if you had to ship the beer instead of dropping it off somewhere locally? Point noted that there are already inherent worries about shipping that plague this idea but interested to hear people's thoughts.

Like Jag said...if you send me some I'll totally tell you what I think...haha.

I'm letting my friends and family be the judge right now. I've never gotten so many praises and thanks. I think it being free has a tremendous amount to do with that...

I think that's my problem (or lack thereof)...I'm not all that competitive...been only doing it as a mid-life crisis thing...and I enjoy the science part of it.

I'd imagine the judging panel would need to comprise of at least 3 judges with a ranking of Grand Master or above. Open to discussion.

Good luck finding three Grand Masters in the same Geographic location. Do you realized how difficult it is to attain that status? The qualifications are RIDICULOUS!

As mentioned above what does it matter? If you like the beer and your friends and family are enjoying it...do you really need the approval of a stranger?

My friends keep asking if I have more beer for them that's all the judging I need, if they stop asking I'll worry lol.

Back