What homebrew competitions are you entering?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vogt5059

Reaction score
I was planning on doing the AHA homebrew comeptition for the first time this year and that didn't happen and my local competition that I usually enter is cancelled. I am looking to enter a few of my beers into a competition to get some feedback so I was wondering who is entering what competitions?

I usually only enter a couple of local ones and occasionally the NHC. Right now, there isn't much going on in the way of competitions due to COVID-19. People are trying to figure out how to gather judges and stewards safely.

I usually only enter a couple local ones as well and they are cancelled. That's why I am reaching out to see if anyone still knows of some that are still happening.

All the ones in the southeast are cancelled. If you are interested in getting good feedback on your beers you could reach out to some local judges or even just beer enthusiasts and ask them to taste your beer and run through a check box BJCP score sheet, or a questionnaire that you make yourself. 50% of beer judging in competitions is following a methodical routine to tasting that is repeatable, and there's 20% palate training, and 30% descriptive writing - you'll almost as good of feedback from someone who knows an IPA from a Cream Ale.

If you are looking for ways to improve your beers, the best advice I can give you is to start working on becoming a judge yourself and learning to methodically evaluate your own beers. It is a rare judge that can give you as much insight into your beers as you can yourself because you know exactly how it was made.

Back