Walk In cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior

Reaction score
I finally divided my walk in cooler into two rooms. One for fermenting Lagers and one for cold conditioning.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

looks great! do you have any other pictures? it's kind of hard to see what is going on.

Here are the original build pics from last year. I'm showing the inner door made this year, standing in the outer cooler doorway.

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

The walls were 3 1/2" rock wool with two one inch 6.0 r value foam boards. The ceiling is five one inch 6.0 r value boards. The back wall of the building was filled in with spray foam from a guy that does commercial spray foam. All the seems were also sealed using that spray foam.

Just finished hooking up the blower motor and thermostat control. Added more insulation to the wall and was able to get the fermentation room to maintain 62 deg without the fan. I now have the fan turning on at 55 deg and it cuts out at 51 deg. Time to plan two lagers for next week! I'll post the last pics showing the blower motor and control.

Nothing to be jealous about. I talked about doing it for 5 years. My round to project, I finally got around to doing:)

Very nice.

I know this is sort of random - but what type of steel posts are using for that storage shelving? I am looking to make something built in like that and want the ability to have adjustable shelves.

Bought the shelving units off of craigslist about 7 years ago. They came out of a Linens and things store that had closed up. Check around on craigslist and see what you can find.

Had to extend the return to right behind the evaporator. Brewed a helles, cz pils and a doppelbock in 9 days. 15 carboys, the fermentation room is full.

Back