Oslo at Room Temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnSand

Staff member
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've used Bootleg Oslo regularly in summertime, or in cooler weather with a heat belt. Last week it was still pleasant here, I brewed two batches. The Pilsner with Diamond Lager Yeast went in the ferm fridge, the Pale Ale with Oslo on the basement floor. That's been fermenting at 72. Has anyone fermented at room temp with this yeast or another Kveik? Thanks.

Has anyone fermented at room temp with this yeast or another Kveik?
I split a batch of a "hoppy blonde" with Voss and fermented at 85F vs 65F. At 85F, it was done in under 2 days and had the typical Voss orange esters. I was pleasantly surprised at the 65F batch. It went slower, but was still done in 5 to 6 days. This beer had a lot of flavors from the Citra and BRU-1 hops. While there was still some orange character from the Voss, it was much more neutral. I think I enjoyed the cool fermented keg a little better.

I have never used Olso, but I am curious how your batches turn out.

Thanks! I usually get a bit of pineapple from Oslo over eighty. In the past when the ferm fridge was full, I used reflectix to keep the fermenter warm. I think I was tired this time and just let it go. I may warm it at the end to be sure it finishes. I'll post my results here, but I changed the hops in this batch too, so I won't be sure about the cause of any change.

Back