Vendors that leave you wondering?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutant

Drinking problem: Can make more than I can drink
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently placed a new order with MoreBeer. I had stopped using them, as I was constantly getting incomplete shipments. Today I received likely my last order from MoreBeer as I received only the malt I ordered - eight items - and not all 19 items ordered. The shipment was a single box and that is what is shown when reviewing the order online. I have opened another ticket with them. Other issues I've had in the past is shipping a 1 pound of PBW instead of a 5 pound container - they wouldn't even respond until I showed them that the shipping box label showed a 2 pounds for shipping. They've shorted me on other orders also - I'm tired of it.

I've given up on MoreBeer. Let me know of your experiences with different vendors - good or bad. I have switched to WilliamsBrewing and now prefer them.

My More Beer orders often come from 2 locations. One box from CA and one from PA. The orders are always correct, but I give it time for the full order to arrive.

I like MB, but Williams is very good as well.

I received a follow-up e-mail from MoreBeer to address the 11 items that were missing. The new invoice is also inept, as it shows they are only shipping 6 of the 11 items, as they are not shipping items that I had ordered 2 or 3 of.

I've never ordered from morebeer online, but I can tell you that for over 15 years, the guy that runs the Riverside CA retail location has been absolutely superb and has run a clean tight ship. Excellent customer service also.

I've never had a problem with the local Concord, CA store. But their online shipments have become a joke. I just sent an e-mail asking upper management to respond, as this is a total joke.

I've never had a problem with the local Concord, CA store. But their online shipments have become a joke. I just sent an e-mail asking upper management to respond, as this is a total joke.
I've had problems as well and have had a complete lack of sympathy. I feel this happens often. Good reason to support your local.

I've been using WilliamsBrewing in San Leandro, CA. They are great, but don't carry everything I need.

Just an update. MoreBeer shipped their follow-up order. It was also incomplete. Out of a $160+ order of 19 items, I am still missing ~$49 and 6 items. I have written Olin Schultz and faxed off my issues that I've experienced. I have also opened a ticket with my credit card company. Do not gamble with MoreBeer's online shipping.

Never had an issue with MoreBeer on any orders, always been spot-on.

It might not be the whole company at fault here. Could be a shipping clerk or someone else in the supply chain who is screwing up, maybe a new guy. Another online vender (with which I had never experienced a problem before) sent me an order with some things wrong. Actually, right stuff, but packed poorly and a couple bags of brewing chemicals had opened in-transit. I sent an email and they wrote back to ask which packing clerk's number was on the invoice. I gave them the number and they told me that was an employee who was making a lot of errors, and was no longer employed at the company.

The more details you can give a vendor when things go sideways, the more they might be able to fix things.

I communicated with the owner Olin who is working on a major solution to the problem. I have faith in what he is planning on doing. This issue has been resolved, but it took three shipments over a week to complete a single order.

MoreBeer's selection is one of the best. It is that I've had so many repeat issues that it seems to be more than one employee. This issue reminds me of several recent studies being done in States where marijuana has been legalized - the quality of the work has shown a measurable drops.

I'm glad they resolved your problem. I absolutely depend on Morebeer, and so far, they have not let me down.

I've spent ~$2000 at MoreBeer over 20+ orders. Never a missing item.

I've had problems with a couple items (unrelated to MoreBeer's delivery) and their customer service has been helpful each time.

I'm sure every retailer makes mistakes to some degree. Guess I've been lucky.

my last 2 orders with morebeer also had issues. 1 missing item in 1st and wrong item in last order. customer service was excellent with both orders and resolved with 1 phone call. I order allot from them and would hate to loose them as a supplier. As long as the customer support is good I will continue to order from them unless they continue to get the orders wrong. I already lost one online retailer and would hate to loose another.

Latest posts

Back