Using Maple Syrup and Mollasses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy13

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to make a Maple Mollasses Marzen this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any experience using either Maple Syrup or Mollasses?

From what I understand I should add the Maple Syrup to the secondary fermentor to get the true maple flavor and aroma to come through. Should I dissolve it with some hot water and then mix it into the secondary, or another method?

What about the mollasses?

I plan on using 24 fluid oz's of full flavor mollasses and 25.4 fluid oz's of pure maple syrup in a 10 or 11 gallon batch. Any thoughts?

I just tried Brooklyn's Mary's Maple Porter. Their website says they add the syrup to the kettle, and I thought it had pretty good maple flavor. I had it on tap last week, but I think it's just at the end of a limited distribution right now. Have you seen that around in PA at all? If so, try it for the sake of "research"

Back