Top 10 Ciders on HomeBrewTalk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summer is coming to an end, and with autumn right around the corner its time to start considering whats up next for your brew day.
Youve made it through the wheats and saisons of summer, but now you look out at your brewing landscape to find the days getting shorter and cooler. With the harvest season coming up, one thing comes to mind:
Cider!
Whether youre fermenting a straight apple cider, or something far more complex, cider can be an outlet for your creativity and your need to experiment with bolder and more seasonal flavors.
Today we take a look at the top 10 cider recipes here on HomeBrewTalk as we continue our Top 10 series.
homebrewtalk-honey-peach-cider-2519.jpg

10. Honey Peach Cider - KeyWestBrewing
hbt-unicorn-blood-2520.jpg

9. Unicorn Blood - BlainD
hbt-drunken-emu-cider-2521.jpg

8. Drunken Emu Hard Cider - Nukinfuts29
hbt-pappys-cider-2522.jpg

7. Pappy's Pub Cider - Paps
homebrewtalk-everyday-simple-cider-2523.jpg

6. Everyday Simplest Dry Cider - phug
homebrewtalk-caramel-apple-cider-2524.jpg

5. Caramel Apple Cider - oldmate
homebrewtalk-daves-caramel-apple-cider-2525.jpg

4. Dave's Carmel Apple Cider - ellicit
hbt-5-day-apple-cider-2526.jpg

3. 5 Day Sweet Country Cider - dayflyer55
hbt-grahams-cider-2527.jpg

2. Graham's English Cider - Freezeblade
homebrewtalk-graff-2528.jpg

1. Graff (Malty, slightly hopped cider) - Brandon O
homebrewtalk-graff-2528.jpg

Glad to see Brandon O's Graff made the list. That stuff is good.

Yeah Graff is good. I made a variation of it with all grain.

@Austin I've made it a few times following the original recipe and loved it. Last time I changed the juice-to-beer ratio from 4:1 to 3:2, and it was good, but I preferred the original.

My batch of graff this past fall, I used a small amount of Special B for some color and malt character, and Nelson Sauvin hops. I kept the bittering levels the same as the original recipe, then dry hopped with Nelson as well...DELICIOUS! The grape-like character of the Nelson Sauvin was awesome with the appley, malty goodness....

Back