Our favorite Fruity Cider recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew4me.pls

Reaction score
Hello homebrewers,

I'm posting this recipe for those who prefer a fruity cider! My husband started homebrewing as a covid hobby and we developed this bc I don't drink beer. We have made dozens of batches and combinations at this point as we have given away the majority to friends and family, with lots of feedback.

I combed through this forum for recipes and we never did find one that suited us. After lots of trial and error and additional research we finally have our gold standard Fruity Cider recipe that I think we will use for years to come. I don't post on here but wanted to share. It is a favourite with friends and we are constantly churning out various flavours. I think of it as the perfect homebrew for the girl in your life but I must say the guys are always dipping into my inventory! It's a perfect summer sipper. Fruity but off dry/unsweetened.

Fruity Cider

Primary fermentation bucket:
24 liters apple juice (we used to use fresh pressed juice but we switched to two cases of Rougemont apple juice from Costco - you honestly cannot tell the difference after fermentation) less a cup or two
1 kg of frozen fruit thawed and blended (with the a cup or two of apple juice )- add to the apple juice
7 crushed Camden tablets (which sits for 24 hrs in primary fermentation bucket of apple juice /fruit puree)

After 24 hrs:
Pitch packet of S33 yeast (*this yeast seems to have the most clean neutral taste that allows sweet fruit notes to remain after fermentation. We tried several types of yeast and this was/is our clear favourite for this recipe)
Add 3 tsp of peptic enzyme
Add 3 tsp of yeast nutrient
-secure airlock, let ferment for approx 9- 10 days

On day 9
-1 kg of the same frozen fruit thawed and blended. Add 1 crushed Camden tablet and allow to sit for 24 hrs.

On day 10:
Add the pureed fruit to the carboy, transfer primary fermentation to the carboy for secondary fermentation. Secure airlock and allow fermentation to complete.

On approximately day 20:
Transfer to bottling bucket. Add a full dram of the same fruit flavour ensuring it is alcohol based flavour. *We use LorAnn Oils Gourmet Super Strength Fruit Flavors (No Oils) ordered on Amazon.
Calculate and add priming sugar. We use dextrose. An online priming sugar calculator tells us how much we need to achieve 3.7 - 4.0 units of carbonation. This is personal preference. We like it fizzy.

Bottle in good fliptop bottles and store bottle upright for 2 weeks at room temperature. Ensure to refrigerate and chill the bottles before enjoying as the carbonation is less likely to foam over everywhere when it is chilled.

We have made this formula using: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cranberry, peach, and mango etc. Apricot, cherry and pineapple are next on our list!

Ps. We sometimes omit the flavoring. My husband finds some flavours fake tasting (blueberry) and some definitely add a great taste (mango). I like them all. You will still get a bit of natural very subtle fruit flavour without it.

Enjoy & happy brewing!

Last edited:
Welcome to HBT, and thanks for posting! If you could pick a favorite fruit to add, what would it be?
:mug:

Hello homebrewers,

I'm posting this recipe for those who prefer a fruity cider! My husband started homebrewing as a covid hobby and we developed this bc I don't drink beer. We have made dozens of batches and combinations at this point as we have given away the majority to friends and family, with lots of feedback.

I combed through this forum for recipes and we never did find one that suited us. After lots of trial and error and additional research we finally have our gold standard Fruity Cider recipe that I think we will use for years to come. I don't post on here but wanted to share. It is a favourite with friends and we are constantly churning out various flavours. I think of it as the perfect homebrew for the girl in your life but I must say the guys are always dipping into my inventory! It's a perfect summer sipper. Fruity but off dry/unsweetened.

Fruity Cider

Primary fermentation bucket:
24 liters apple juice (we used to use fresh pressed juice but we switched to two cases of Rougemont apple juice from Costco - you honestly cannot tell the difference after fermentation) less a cup or two
1 kg of frozen fruit thawed and blended (with the a cup or two of apple juice )- add to the apple juice
7 crushed Camden tablets (which sits for 24 hrs in primary fermentation bucket of apple juice /fruit puree)

After 24 hrs:
Pitch packet of S33 yeast (*this yeast seems to have the most clean neutral taste that allows sweet fruit notes to remain after fermentation. We tried several types of yeast and this was/is our clear favourite for this recipe)
Add 3 tsp of peptic enzyme
Add 3 tsp of yeast nutrient
-secure airlock, let ferment for approx 9- 10 days

On day 9
-1 kg of the same frozen fruit thawed and blended. Add 1 crushed Camden tablet and allow to sit for 24 hrs.

On day 10:
Add the pureed fruit to the carboy, transfer primary fermentation to the carboy for secondary fermentation. Secure airlock and allow fermentation to complete.

On approximately day 20:
Transfer to bottling bucket. Add a full dram of the same fruit flavour ensuring it is alcohol based flavour. *We use LorAnn Oils Gourmet Super Strength Fruit Flavors (No Oils) ordered on Amazon.
Calculate and add priming sugar. We use dextrose. An online priming sugar calculator tells us how much we need to achieve 3.7 - 4.0 units of carbonation. This is personal preference. We like it fizzy.

Bottle in good fliptop bottles and store bottle upright for 2 weeks at room temperature. Ensure to refrigerate and chill the bottles before enjoying as the carbonation is less likely to foam over everywhere when it is chilled.

We have made this formula using: blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cranberry, peach, and mango etc. Apricot, cherry and pineapple are next on our list!

Ps. We sometimes omit the flavoring. My husband finds some flavours fake tasting (blueberry) and some definitely add a great taste (mango). I like them all. You will still get a bit of natural very subtle fruit flavour without it.

Enjoy & happy brewing!

Meant to write 3 tsp yeast Energizer! (Not nutrient) whoops

Back