Today's excursion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a picture of today's "work" (did I mention that I love being retired?!?!):

DSCN0121.jpg

So that we can have this:
oysters.jpg

They just opened the area to oystering last week, so we're making the most of it!

Ugh, I have to call my doctor NOW!!! I've been under the impression that I am allergic to oysters because I am allergic to shrimp for 6 years now, but I just recently found out that because I've been eating squid this whole time, I'm probably NOT allergic to oysters. Thanks for inspiration to get my to finally make that call!

I hope you enjoyed your harvest!

That looks like its a lot more fun and nicer than getting beat up playing hockey. Tastes better than a bloody lip too.

That looks like its a lot more fun and nicer than getting beat up playing hockey. Tastes better than a bloody lip too.

Well, that is true. I miss hockey, but not enough to give up warm weather!

I'm eyeballing the Modus...sounds delicious right now.

It was great! Bob was drinking Dale's Pale Ale, and I think his beer was every bit as good as mine. I love craft beers in a can for boating and kayaking.

I know what you mean about warm weather. Just spent 7 weeks in hawaii and am seriously thinking about making the move as I have come to realize I hate cold damp weather. It only took me 50+ years to figure that out. Slow learner, but I had a lot of fun.

I know what you mean about warm weather. Just spent 7 weeks in hawaii and am seriously thinking about making the move as I have come to realize I hate cold damp weather. It only took me 50+ years to figure that out. Slow learner, but I had a lot of fun.

I even wore my winter jacket this past weekend. It was 60. But in my defense, it was windy! So it felt much colder. You know you're pathetic when the Texans walk around in shorts and I'm in my North Face mountaineering jacket! :drunk:

I've always said comfort first. Like I tell people when I have taken them offshore in the summer, BRING SOME WARM CLOTHES!!! If you don't have them, you can't put them on if you get cold. I used to put all my winter clothes on the boat when I was swordfishing. you can't believe how cold it was off there in the summer.

Well, that is true. I miss hockey, but not enough to give up warm weather!

It was great! Bob was drinking Dale's Pale Ale, and I think his beer was every bit as good as mine. I love craft beers in a can for boating and kayaking.

Dale's is a great beer!

Jeez, take it easy! Don't overdo yourself!!

You're right. I did take a nap right after. I don't want to overdo again!

Let's see. Up at 7:30 AM, with coffee pre-made. A brunch at 10ish, and then some fishing/kayaking/boating. Nap at 2 PM, dinner at 6.

You're right- that's pretty strenuous. I should sleep until 8 Am. Thanks!!!!!!!!

I've always said comfort first. Like I tell people when I have taken them offshore in the summer, BRING SOME WARM CLOTHES!!! If you don't have them, you can't put them on if you get cold. I used to put all my winter clothes on the boat when I was swordfishing. you can't believe how cold it was off there in the summer.

Yeah, it's only supposed to be 80 tomorrow. I should be extra careful. :D:D:D

Now I know what I want to be when I grow up...Retired! You, madam are an inspiration to us all.:mug:

Be careful what you wish for, its hard work. Bass fishing, scuba diving for lobster or sea scallops, clamming, oystering, gardening or shopping at the local farmers market, bbq, and my favorite hobby, a quick nap in the afternoon. Thats just my every day important stuff.

I even wore my winter jacket this past weekend. It was 60. But in my defense, it was windy! So it felt much colder. You know you're pathetic when the Texans walk around in shorts and I'm in my North Face mountaineering jacket! :drunk:

That's backwards! The Texans should be the cold ones... You should be the one used to it!

I remember when we picked up my FIL's Cougar in Virginia. We show up in the morning with shorts and T shirt and they were complaining that it was down to 50 that night!

I wish there was a way we could do something like what you are doing instead of the cruise my wife is set on the family taking.

I wish there was a way we could do something like what you are doing instead of the cruise my wife is set on the family taking.

You know, I enjoyed taking cruises with my family. The kids especially loved it. But Bob would be miserable on a cruise ship. He'd be at the back of the ship with a fishing rod trying to cast. We rarely go anywhere anymore than doesn't involve a fishing rod. It's just who he is, and I've accepted it.

Even down here, he doesn't want to go to any cities or any old missions. He did go with me to a tiny (and I mean TINY) local winery, but that's it for "tourist" type stuff. I told him that there is more to life than fishing. He's response was: "No there isn't". :D

Back