Thinking of dry hopping a Witbier with Citra Hops or Lemon Zest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RecruitNBrew

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?
I was thinking that the Citra might add a nice citrusy aroma.

Also, has anyone had any good experiences dry hopping with lemon zest?

I'm trying to do a clone of Blanche De Bruxelles and I can't quite seem to get the "lemony" finish that differentiates it from other Wits.

Ha... the teetee beer or mannequin piss, as some refer to it. It's a good beer in my opinion.

I've added lemon and orange zest after fermentation (like a dry hop), and I have also used it in the last minutes of the boil. I have never tried both methods combined though. From my experience, boiled zest imparts a more intense flavor and aroma. The "dry-hoppoed" method was more subtle, but still present. When adding it post-fermentation, I soaked it in a tiny bit of vodka, just as a safeguard to kill off anything that my be living on the zest.

Don't forget the coriander though. That's also a crucial flavor/aroma addition for the style.

Just to clarify, I added .5 oz of dried curacao orange peel and .5 oz of crushed coriander at 5 min. Also added .5 oz of chamomile at flameout.

Back