The world is f'd up: A rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes, I need to get things off my chest.

-- I made myself try to watch "Avatar" the other night. I had to see what all the hype was about. I made it through an hour before I wanted to hurt somebody. What an absolute waste of my time.

I've seen it before. It was called "Dances with Wolves." Where is the story?

"But the visual effects are great," I was told.

OK, where's the story?

"It was groundbreaking visually," someone said.

OK, where's the story?

"It was candy for the eyes."

OK, but where is the fvcking story? Give me a damn story. My aunt makes the best goddamn homemade pasta sauce ever (it is not up for debate) but it doesn't mean a thing without pasta.

Thank God for "Boardwalk Empire." It has a story and is visually pleasing. Imagine, what a concept.

-- Hey Mr. I'm Too Lazy To Put My Shopping Cart In The Corral So I'll Just Leave It Here In This Parking Spot: you're an *******. It takes a special sort of lazy person to not walk 50 feet and to not think of the people who might come behind you.

Thanks so much.

-- Sir, when you're in the right-turn only lane and proceed to go straight, ignoring the many signs, and then get cut off by me because I assumed you were going right as instructed, I get to flip you off, not the other way around.

Bite me. And learn to read.

-- Justin Bieber is doing an autobiography. And people will buy it. Enough said.

-- There's a special place in hell for that dick who today went flying up the right side of the downtown street to pass a funeral procession, found an impediment, and proceeded to cut INTO the funeral procession. Sir, may your funeral be next.

-- If you use Facebook simply to *****, you deserve a beating. Guess what? If you're healthy, breathing and employed, you have it a lot better than many people. Please feel free to STFU.

-- Please stop asking me, with derision in your voice, why my kids read so much. They like to read. It's not a disease. It's actually a good thing.

-- Hey Fox, what is the deal with that stupid robot-looking football player on your NFL telecasts? I want to watch football, not "Transformers."

-- Is it really asking too much to allow my kids to get out of their Halloween costumes before I'm bombarded with Christmas advertisements?

Thank you for your time.

And,

Avataar was a love story about breaking the stereotype bonds that separate people from species. About triumph over conflict that arrives amidst the discovery of ones artificial shell and the leap beyond generic boundaries that keep interspecies relations as Taboo an inacceptable.I taught us to look within ourselves and find that as species we are all capable of learning how another may live and to cherish each and every moment we allow ourselves to share.

And that Aliens have their tickly bits in their tails.

Just be warned that Avataar 2 is likely to showcase the glowworm.

Gila is just sugar coating it for the kids. Avatar is about bestiality. Hot, blue bestiality. You likely just didn't "get" it.

As an aside, I loved Avatar. Just because the story has been done a million times doesn't make it bad. Plus, I love art and including the 3d experience was one of the best theater experiences of my life. It was shockingly beautiful in 3d.

--I am bothered by other parents with wild children who refuse to be parents. Perhaps birth control would have been better???

--I dislike Santa Claus. I don't hate him because it isn't worth the effort to hate a fictitious being. For the same reason I don't hate Storm Troopers, but I can still dislike them... a lot.

--Oktoberfest is the best month of the year and those who don't agree can Fuk off.

Gila is just sugar coating it for the kids. Avatar is about bestiality. Hot, blue bestiality. You likely just didn't "get" it.

My eternally bethrothed gazed deepily into my eyes and asked my to convey this response to your message.

black+sheep+cracked.jpg

As an aside, I loved Avatar. Just because the story has been done a million times doesn't make it bad. Plus, I love art and including the 3d experience was one of the best theater experiences of my life. It was shockingly beautiful in 3d.
This is the argument given to me. I respect your view. However, if I want something shockingly beautiful I'll simply look outside and take time to appreciate it.

Not done enough, in my opinion.

Feel free to borrow this

angry_man_with_fist_stockxpertcom_id134973_300x198.jpg

or this

CHENEY_-_FACE_ON_-_GRITTING_TEETH_-_LARGER_AND_SHARP.jpg

Thanks. I feel better.

--I dislike Santa Claus. I don't hate him because it isn't worth the effort to hate a fictitious being. For the same reason I don't hate Storm Troopers, but I can still dislike them... a lot.

Who the hell hates stormtroopers? What the hell is wrong with you. They're just worker bees. And who the hell else can pull off all white uniforms (I don't care if Puff Daddy did the white thing. It's not as cool as stormtroopers.)

This is the argument given to me. I respect your view. However, if I want something shockingly beautiful I'll simply look outside and take time to appreciate it.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife. - Dueteronomy 5:6-21

Tis' for shame.....

Uh-oh. Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

If my kids are with my, I don't return the cart. I'm that guy.
Ugh. ;)
Who the hell hates stormtroopers? What the hell is wrong with you. They're just worker bees. And who the hell else can pull off all white uniforms (I don't care if Puff Daddy did the white thing. It's not as cool as stormtroopers.)
I hate stormtroopers, but only because they're associated with Star Wars, for which I hold some disdain.

Uh-oh. Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.
It's Wednesday to me.

If my kids are with my, I don't return the cart. I'm that guy.

Yep, me too. I'm not leaving my kids in the car alone in a parking lot. Even if the car is locked, it seems like a bad idea to me. But I know I'm being a jerk on this one and I'll try to take a cart from the last jerk in when I enter the store.

Also, a book trumps a movie 9 times out of 10. But we are visual creatures and sometimes need to stare at a bunch of pretty pictures in a semi-catatonic state. I watched Avatar for about 10 minutes when it came out on DVD. It felt like a complete waste of time. But I did see it three times in the theater where it had the ridiculously well done 3D effects.

Yep, me too. I'm not leaving my kids in the car alone in a parking lot. Even if the car is locked, it seems like a bad idea to me. But I know I'm being a jerk on this one and I'll try to take a cart from the last jerk in when I enter the store.

I've never understood this... what, exactly, is going to happen to your kids in the 30 seconds it takes to replace your cart in the corral? Unless you've left all the doors open and the engine running with the keys in it, and all your kids unbuckled, I'm not seeing the potential or disaster here...

I've gotten the "Well, someone could kidnap them" argument out of friends... seriously? In 30 seconds? If they are THAT good, they are going to kidnap more valuable kids than mine. If they're THAT good, they're off kidnapping the kids of some billionaire somewhere. I can see the entire parking lot from every cart corral... where, exactly, are these people that are just waiting for 15 seconds of my absence in order to perform a full extraction kidnapping of my kid that is not only strapped into his seat, but locked behind the car doors?

I just don't get it.

I've never understood this... what, exactly, is going to happen to your kids in the 30 seconds it takes to replace your cart in the corral? Unless you've left all the doors open and the engine running with the keys in it, and all your kids unbuckled, I'm not seeing the potential or disaster here...

I've gotten the "Well, someone could kidnap them" argument out of friends... seriously? In 30 seconds? If they are THAT good, they are going to kidnap more valuable kids than mine. If they're THAT good, they're off kidnapping the kids of some billionaire somewhere. I can see the entire parking lot from every cart corral... where, exactly, are these people that are just waiting for 15 seconds of my absence in order to perform a full extraction kidnapping of my kid that is not only strapped into his seat, but locked behind the car doors?

I just don't get it.
I would not leave my kids in a locked car if I couldn't see the vehicle and get to it quickly. This is generally not the case in a grocery store parking lot.

But my kids are older now. I make them return the cart. :D

What about returning the cart with your kid, then walking back to the car??? I r confused.

Its not that I hate Santa Claus. I just hate Christmas in America. And Santa Claus is the CEO.

What about returning the cart with your kid, then walking back to the car??? I r confused.
I've done this. But if you have more than, say, three, it gets to be difficult if they're young.

Its not that I hate Santa Claus. I just hate Christmas in America. And Santa Claus is the CEO.
No, no, no. Corporate America is the CEO. Santa Claus is the unwitting logo.

It seriously doesn't take me 30 seconds to take the cart to the corral. What, are you guys stopping by the light pole for a smoke or something??

Leaving the cart by your car because you are afraid your kids will get kidnapped sounds like something my wife would do!

My 4 year old can get out of his seatbelt and open the locked door of the van. If he decides that he wants to chase me down to tell me that all-important thing he just thought up, he will. Even if he has been punished for it before. There are lots of cars turning corners and backing up in a lot that just can't see a 2-foot high kid, so I don't risk it.

I don't think that kidnappers or dingos are going to eat my babies in the grocery store parking lot.

-- There's a special place in hell for that dick who today went flying up the right side of the downtown street to pass a funeral procession, found an impediment, and proceeded to cut INTO the funeral procession. Sir, may your funeral be next.

Going off of this, I was doing my EMT job in San Diego about 2 years back, and had just attended the funeral of a sheriff's officer who was killed in the line of duty (he was close to the local PD/EMS sector and my partner was friends with his son). The procession drew a decently large crowd, so the local PD had certain sections of street blocked off for the procession earlier that day.

Enter the pond scum-sucking, Grade F, flunked out of high school and thinks he owns the goddamn world, asswipe in his tricked out POS Civic.

He slams on his brakes coming up a hill to the street which was blocked off, stereo blaring some tripe hip-hop track for all to hear (with more curse words than my ex-Navy granddad could spout). He then puts it in park, gets out of his car, yells some choice words about "his street", and pushes the barricade to the side of the road.

This obviously drew the attention of some PD officers who were on-duty at the event, and they quickly ran over to Captain Asswipe before he could take off, cuffed him, and popped him in the back seat of one of their cruisers for disturbing the peace and disrupting a police barricade.

I later found out that, in the process of having his car towed, someone had taken a pair of wire cutters to the battery cables. Both of them.

I hate the way alpacas smell. Wait...what are we hating on again? Was it kids? Sh*tty movies? Shopping carts? Oh well...f*ck it. I'm getting another beer!

I later found out that, in the process of having his car towed, someone had taken a pair of wire cutters to the battery cables. Both of them.

Classic! I was visiting a friend and there was a car with an overly-sensitive alarm. Sometime late that night, a kind person noticed the horn was stuck. Broke the windshield, opened the hood, pulled out the battery and tossed it through the rear window. Left a nice note for the owner detailing the problem and the fix.

And I don't get Avatar either. The same friend thought it was the best ever. She lives in Bezerkly, CA. Doesn't approve of bestiality, though.

I'm pretty laid back, but I saw something today that made me furious! It's pretty cold here, and I saw a young woman walking down the street with her two kids. She was bundled up, and the small one in the stroller had on short sleeves and bare feet. The toddler walking along beside had a small lightweight jacket, no hat, and no gloves.

Now, I can see if the mom was warm, too, because that meant she didn't know that it was 29 degrees this morning. But she was wearing gloves, a hat, and warm clothes. I wanted to stop her and take those children away from her.

Well, maybe this will make your day. From Ann Arbor, and just going into effect today;

City Council unanimously passes porch couch ban

Damn YOU!!!!!!

Hmm, wheres that drunken couch ban thread. I might be worth my time to re-read.
Jeff

I just don't get it.

+1 to this.

I remember being left in the car with my brother and 2 sisters while mom went in the mall or grocery store. No, it wasn't for hours at a time, or on 100° days, and it was in an old woody wagon with roll down windows, so if we got too hot, we just rolled the window down. That was the rule, if you were being too obnoxious, you had to stay in the car.

Maybe she just knew that nobody in their right mind would take us, or she hoped somebody would. ;) Seriously, we knew better than to get out of the car, or open a door for a stranger. The consequences for something like that were not worth it.

It's amazing how much things have changed since I was a kid, and I'm only 33.

You know, somehow I always manage to return the cart, and not leave the kids alone. Is it really that difficult? I don't know how I pull off this magical feat, but I'll pay attention to what I'm doing next time.

And Avatar was the most overrated piece of s*** I've seen in years. Seriously. It's like Fern Gully fvcked Dances with Wolves. WTF were they thinking? I paid $12 to see it in 3d at the theater. My head hurt from the obnoxious, over-the-top 3D effects that added absolutely nothing to the movie, except distracting you from the s****y-ass plot. Ug. Everyone at work thought it was great and that I was just dissing on it to sound "better than them". WTF!? Did I see a different movie or something?

Great concept for you young procreators, those without or you older folk with your "May be eligible to receive a Scooter at little or no cost to you from Medicare". Park right next to the cart corral. Awesome how close it is on your exit with all your **** you just purchased. Bonus points cuz your car is safer next to them instead of the a$$wipe that wacks the side of your door with complete disregard.

And I know I won't like Avatar because its only something like 34 hrs long. I'm waiting for the 37 hr extended version they started advertising! :rolleyes: (Boardwalk empire rocks)

Not sure, but think me ranting while just firing up the divorce process is probably ill advised ;).

People who leave their carts all over the parking lot piss me off more than almost anything else. What gets me is sometimes they're about 3 stalls away from the cart return!!! How can someone seriously be THAT lazy?!? oh wait... that WAS at Walmart...

in all seriousness though...

why do people at wal-mart (especially, but any retail store) seem to think they're invincible to cars and walk out in front of them, expecting the driver to stop in an instant?

I'm obviously driving through and reached the crosswalk intersection before you and yet you walk out in front of me and then give me a look? F--k you. My truck is bigger than you.. but of course those fatties would do more damage to the truck than I would do to them..

Back