Changes to my current setup... and need advice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolepa

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am planning to change my current "carbonation" setup need some help/advice from you for the best solution - if possible... OK, here is the story: currently I have small (4.4 cu.ft.)Magic Chef fridge with 2.5 gallon keg, 5 pound CO2 tank and Taprite regulator in the fridge. I am thinking to add one 3 gallon keg but here comes an obstacle: I need dual output CO2 regulator (Taprite) which would cost around $150. I already payed for another one more then $90 so I would like to avoid spending more if possible. I am thinking to add Air Y Splitter for Draft Beer Regulator with 5 Foot Air Lines which will cost me around $41 - Amazon.com: TAPCRAFT Air Y Splitter for Draft Beer Regulator with 5 Foot Air Lines Chrome Plated: Home & Kitchen.
Another solution is buying Kegco KC LH-542-2 Beer Regulator, 5/16" Hose Barb (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WWLKUC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1) but honestly, I hate to play with cheapo stuff...
Please let me know what you think of this addition or maybe you have another advice for me.
Thank you!

I didn't look at your links, but a Y splitter is a pretty common way to supply two kegs from one regulator. It works fine, as long as you want both kegs at the same pressure.

Thank you, VikeMan! So, Y-splitter plus two extra gas lines and a few clamps would be probably the cheapest solution....
With my certification in Fluid Power & over 20 years in the industry, I would highy recommend using a manifold with check valves. This way you can use a single CO2 tank without the worry of a trying to balance the gas using a Y connector. Of course with a little ingenuity you can add check valves to a Y connector off of a non- relieving regulator.

Thank you, Neldog0, I already placed an order on Amazon for the y-splitter and then realized that besides connections for two kegs I am going to need third tube - to use with The Last Straw for buttling.... Looks like I will be returning y splitter back to Amazon and will pick up a manifold from my local Morebeer! this Tuesday...

That’s a very nice but expensive Y. You should get a two way CO2 manifold instead that includes shut off valves and check valves for a lot less
Thank you, Climb. I appreciate your respond - you are correct getting a manifold is far better solution for my situation. Will get it this Tuesday....

Latest posts

Back