The Little Man @ 2 Months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Went to the doc today, he's 11lbs 8oz (50th percentile), and 24" tall (75th percentile). Very healthy and happy...the doc says we should write a book, because we're doing everything right. Of course we are ;), but it's nice to get validation from the ped. Anyway, Reid says hi...

hugme.jpg

Evan! - Nice looking kid!! Didn't know you were a Dad. - Congrats!

Mine just turn 9 months on Friday, 28" Tall 21lbs. His 12 mo. Chicago Bears Jersey is almost too tight to get on him. He in 90% range for height, 75% for weight.

This is him passed out after downing 8oz of formula.

AJ_August_2009.jpg

OMG! Look at those black eyeballs and that cheesy grin. Either he's tripping acid, or he's got dirt on you already and he's just waiting til he can speak to us it against you.

Which one DIPA, Old Foghorn, or straight gin?

Bigfoot Barleywine! Gila - Will yours stand on his own if he has something to grab? Mine does, but the balance isn't there. I have to hold his hands.

congrats to you new dads! awesome looking boys, both who posted.

Thanks!

Evan! Didn't mean to hijack your thread. Does your kid regularly smile and make faces at you yet? Its so cool the first time they start doing this. It turns you into a entertaining fool though. :D

Bigfoot Barleywine! Gila - Will yours stand on his own if he has something to grab? Mine does, but the balance isn't there. I have to hold his hands.

Yup. He'll stand on his own holding a table for about 15 minutes before his legs give out and I have to catch his fall.

He refuses to crawl tho'. He'll sit there on all 4's and rock back and forth and shrill until someone picks him up.

Too true about the smiles. Lights up your day when you walk in the room, he see's you and bust out a HUGE toofless grin.

Gila - Mine will sit well. When he gets onto all 4 he'll hump like a dog. Kinda funny to see. No crawling yet, at least forward that is, but rolls all over the place.

Gila - Mine will sit well. When he gets onto all 4 he'll hump like a dog. Kinda funny to see. No crawling yet, at least forward that is, but rolls all over the place.

Ha. same here. He'll sit for hours. But get him on all 4's and he'll just hump or scoot backwards and get pissed off.

Evan.

Is your eyeballing the beer yet?

And, how's the wife handling the "percentile" business? Mine always looked at it like it was a competition and expected him to be 100th percentile everytime til I explained how it works. Then she called my bluff and asked the Pediatrician and she set the woman straight.

Great photos and congrats to both of you! :D

PS When did babies stop looking like Winston Churchill? Do they genetically engineer them to avoid that look these days?

Good looking boy Evan! Isn't it awesome when they can support their own head! Mine took his first steps last weekend @ 1 year, 1 month, so we are bracing for the adventure to come! Have fun. Any you're right, no matter how great of a job you know you're doing, it's great to hear other people telling you that you're doing an awesome job as parents as well.

Great photos and congrats to both of you! :D

PS When did babies stop looking like Winston Churchill? Do they genetically engineer them to avoid that look these days?

I'm thinking the initial appearance if different based whether the mom has a c-section or forces them out the birth canal.

They are "Cone-Headed" if they get squeezed out. :D

Good lookin kids!

I'm thinking the initial appearance if different based whether the mom has a c-section or forces them out the birth canal.

They are "Cone-Headed" if they get squeezed out. :D

Not necessarily, my boy was a a natural and he didnt have a cone head. He decided to come out fore head first. Did a real number on mom.

Mine is 2 now, I really miss those days with the toothless grins, the new baby smell, and the unlimited cuddle/holding time. I wish I had spent more time soaking it up instead of trying to figure out what the hell to do with the carpet slug.

Not really sure how accurate that percentile stuff is, doc keeps saying Chase has been in the upper 90s for everything. Kid is built like a tank.

Here he is with SWMBO.

0911091655b.jpg

The percentile stuff is not about how your child compares to the herd so much as it is a guage to how he/she develops over time. Big swings indicate s'thing is "unusual" not bad or good per se, just unusual.

My comment about the coneheadedness comes from SWMBO. Its really her claim. I realize it has little to no merit. The babies head is really soft at that time and I think there is a stretch limitation you know where.

BTW - SWMBO had a c-section.

Congrats Evan! they are so cute at this age but just wait ..lol

Good looking boy Evan! Isn't it awesome when they can support their own head! Mine took his first steps last weekend @ 1 year, 1 month, so we are bracing for the adventure to come! Have fun. Any you're right, no matter how great of a job you know you're doing, it's great to hear other people telling you that you're doing an awesome job as parents as well.

you are in for it now my grandson who lives with me is 15 months old and running all over the house gates up everywhere. His new thing is to take his little ride on firetruck and use it like a ladder I watched him get about 3/4 of the way up the gate.

I don't know the percentiles but he is a big kid ... his mom is 5'7" and his dad is 6'9"

copies everything I I do . Had to replace a few tiles in the kitchen 2 hours later he was in the hall grouting
lucastile.JPG

lucasphone.jpg

His new thing is to take his little ride on firetruck and use it like a ladder I watched him get about 3/4 of the way up the gate.

copies everything I I do . Had to replace a few tiles in the kitchen 2 hours later he was in the hall grouting

Mine climbs everything. He has a Radio Flyer Rocket and I caught him "stunting" on it last night. Instead if sitting on the seat, he grabs the handle bars and stand on the seat and then lifts one leg. I think it's great. swmbo not so much :)

And the copying thing is great. I've never felt so cool in my life to have someone want to do everything I do :)

My bean on Aug 9 for his first Birthday about to explode from his cake.
DSC_9136.jpg

its been a real refresher course . I haven't had a baby in the house in years my youngest is 21 .At least I am losing some weight from chasing him around :)

You people and your tiny children...

Mine's been 97th percentile in height and weight since day 1. She is currently 5 and a hlaf months, over 27 inches and over 20 lbs. Length is all torso, and weight is all thighs and cheeks.

So tell those boys to hide their lunches!

maddiecute.jpg

You people and your tiny children...

Mine's been 97th percentile in height and weight since day 1. She is currently 5 and a hlaf months, over 27 inches and over 20 lbs. Length is all torso, and weight is all thighs and cheeks.

So tell those boys to hide their lunches!
Wow, Mine JUST hit 20lbs like last week at 1 year 1 month! Finally in his forward facing car seat.

Back