Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cold Again this morning here, like 23F. Was pleasant yesterday, so I bottled my kottbusser. Supposed to be unseasonably cold tonight. Dang it, wtf happened to spring?

I am finishing up a paper, decided to go back to school since I get free tuition at the University. I am also going to be smoking a shoulder today and will be eating with my in-laws this evening.

One of the local towns here does a maple festival every year. They have all sorts of events on the main drag, an antique tractor parade, and a few maple sugar houses open up for tours. I did it with my daughter last year, we'll probably head out and do that again today. Its pretty chilly, but at least the sun is out.

This year is like last year....its not getting warm enough right now to get the sap flowing well. Sugar houses are getting a late start again.

I talked to one guy last year about getting 5gal of raw sap to use as a base for a beer. He wasn't too interested, unfortunately. Maybe I'll try another place today. I'm going to throw a bucket in the car just in case.

This year is like last year....its not getting warm enough right now to get the sap flowing well. Sugar houses are getting a late start again.

I talked to one guy last year about getting 5gal of raw sap to use as a base for a beer. He wasn't too interested, unfortunately. Maybe I'll try another place today. I'm going to throw a bucket in the car just in case.

Tap a tree your self!

I talked to a guy at one place, he said he'd be happy to give me a bucket of sap, but that I'd have to call him in a few weeks when it starts warming up and the sap flows a little more. He did suggest tapping a few trees myself if I have them, because when the sap is running he said I could get 5-10gal over the course of a few days. For some reason that never really crossed my mind. We have a few maple trees around, I'll have to keep an eye out for equipment since I don't have any.

I talked to a guy at one place, he said he'd be happy to give me a bucket of sap, but that I'd have to call him in a few weeks when it starts warming up and the sap flows a little more. He did suggest tapping a few trees myself if I have them, because when the sap is running he said I could get 5-10gal over the course of a few days. For some reason that never really crossed my mind. We have a few maple trees around, I'll have to keep an eye out for equipment since I don't have any.

Tractor supply usually has all that stuff in stock this time of year. If you have one near you.

Spent the day doing some backyard spring cleaning including scooping a winter's worth of dog poop and chopping down a couple aspen trees that were growing in bad locations.

Well, this is the first Sunday morning, that I can remember for a very long time, where it isn't snowing. However, it is only 5*F here in western NY this morning. I was hoping to brew an IPA on the deck today, looks like I might have to move that to the garage. At least there is no wind blowing and the sun is shining bright. :D

I have home fries, sausage patties, and a couple eggs frying up for breakfast and have no idea what dinner will be. Probably some kind of chicken.

I built a couple of wood bottle case's this week, to replace some of the tattered cardboard ones I've been nursing along. They seem to work great so maybe I can work on putting a few more together while I'm waiting for my water to heat and my grains to mash. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

I get to baby sit my grand son all day tomorrow, and am really looking forward to it. :D

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday!

:mug:

Well, I decided to tune up one of our cars today. Was missing a 50 cent gasket, walked away with a $22 receipt... How do I do it....

Working again today; in the immortal words of Slim Pickens: "Whoopty-freakin'-doo!" <sarcasm> I'm so tired, I think I'll just go home & go straight to bed after work.
I hope everybody else is having a great Sunday.
Regards, GF.

Happy Easter Sunday morning, brewers! :mug:

I woke up to 2" of fresh snow this morning after a week of melting. Yesterday 80% of my grass was visible and today everything is white. :mad:

We are getting ready to make the trip to my daughter and her husband's house to have Easter dinner with her in-laws. My wife made homemade dinner rolls last night and my mother in law was busy making pies. Should be a good day, even if I have to share my grandson! lol

I doubt I'll get to make my usual Sunday morning breakfast, even though I am really craving some bacon. MMMmmmmMMMMMmmmm BACON! Well mabe there will be time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter Sunday.

Just chillin' with my coffee this morning. Wrote a bit more of the 2nd book of my Time Lords 2034 series. Think I'll write some more of book 2 of my HB adventures as well. Inspirations for the three different books I'm working on has been slow in coming the last couple months. Besides the cash to do updated brews for the 2nd HB book. But thanks go out to coyote68 for the very uplifting package & letter that came in yesterday! Thanks man, I really needed that! :tank:

Well, once again Sunday morning has rolled around. It isn't snowing here this morning, yet, although it is plenty cold enough to do so this morning. It is 28* here in western NY this morning, the sun is shinning and the weatherman says that it's supposed to be a nice day, with highs in the 60's.

I need to rack a lager before I can brew another one today. This will likely be my last lager of the season as my fermentation chamber( my basement) will warm up to the mid 60's before June rolls around. It's a good thing that I have become very fond of pale ales. I can ferment them year round without needing to do much temp control.

SWMBO wants me to plant some new strawberries in a gutter for her today. I have 2 acres of good flat ground and she thinks I need to put the berries in an old gutter. Oh well, if it makes her happy and I still have time for my brew, I'll be happy.

I think I'll fry up some eggs, sausage patties, home fries and toast for breakfast to get started. SWMBO is making pan steak for supper. My cascades/orange ale should be just about fully carbed and I'll have to have one, or more, with my dinner.

Should be a pretty typical Sunday around here. I hope everyone enjoys whatever today brings.

Finishing up the night shifts for the week... exhausted. Can't even type right now!

Looking forward to creating a yeast starter on my stir plate today. SWMBO always starts with lude comments as my Erlenmeyer flasks get bigger and bigger through the stages. The 5L made its way into our kitchen last month, she then asked when the over compensating monster truck with mud tires was rolling into the driveway... Its ok. This time I'm stopping by the donuts shop and will meet sarcasm with glazed, powdered, and jelly filled.

Happy Sunday everybody!

Finishing up the night shifts for the week... exhausted. Can't even type right now!

Looking forward to creating a yeast starter on my stir plate today. SWMBO always starts with lude comments as my Erlenmeyer flasks get bigger and bigger through the stages. The 5L made its way into our kitchen last month, she then asked when the over compensating monster truck with mud tires was rolling into the driveway... Its ok. This time I'm stopping by the donuts shop and will meet sarcasm with glazed, powdered, and jelly filled.

Happy Sunday everybody!

Smart man... ;)
Good luck with the yeasties. And the wife!

Im going to pay a visit to Mad Tree's tap room this afternoon. I havent been down there in about 6 months so its time fr a check in.

finishing up the night shifts for the week... Exhausted. Can't even type right now!

Looking forward to creating a yeast starter on my stir plate today. Swmbo always starts with lude comments as my erlenmeyer flasks get bigger and bigger through the stages. The 5l made its way into our kitchen last month, she then asked when the over compensating monster truck with mud tires was rolling into the driveway... Its ok. This time i'm stopping by the donuts shop and will meet sarcasm with glazed, powdered, and jelly filled.

Happy sunday everybody!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1428853249.652003.jpg

Spent the morning cleaning up the house and the kitchen and decided I was gonna brew again today. Halfway through the boil. Spent some time playing baseball with the kids too. :)

Good Sunday Morning all. It's a frosty 31*F here in Western New York this morning, however the sun is shinning brightly into my living room window. That makes me believe it will turn into a pretty nice day.

I have spent the last week getting the yard and garden ready for the nice weather ahead. My hop plants are just starting to show signs of life, and the new rhizome that I planted, in a pot, in the house last week is over a foot tall already. I put a 4' stake in the pot for it to climb, I bet it is over the top in just a few days. I'll move it to the "hop yard" once I see a few leaves on my existing hop plants.

I have two beers that need to be bottled, an experimental lager that tasted wonderful when I transferred it to the carboy for the lager, and an IPA that is a staple around here, and I am out of. Both should have been bottled mid week, but I just couldn't find the time. Now SWMBO has informed me that we have a family event planned for late this afternoon, in a town that is almost an hour and a half away. Looks like they will need to be put off another day. I had thoughts earlier in the week of brewing a new Pale Ale recipe that I have the grains for, but that will have to be put on a back burner as well!

Don't you just hate when life gets in the way of your brew schedule?

Oh well, I'm sure it will turn out to be a good day even though it isn't what I had planned. I hope that everyone finds their Sunday to be a joyful one!

:goat:

On vacation in Charleston, south carolina. Spending the day out on my dad's sailboat, racing in the ocean for Charleston Race Week. This is my annual trip to hand out with my family, catch some sun (hopefully), and drinking large amounts of booze. Good times. :)

Working again today. After work it'll be breakfast at the diner & then a bit of yard work, installing my AC unit & a few beers. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Regards, GF.

Drinking coffee and reading Homebrewtalk. Wistfully think about a couple of month from now when I'm out of the townhouse and into my own home with space for more than one fermenter.

Once again Sunday morning has rolled around. This Sunday dawns cool and cloudy here in Western New York. I need to finish up some yard work and get the rest of my garden ready to get planted, but I might have to put that on the back burner due to a nasty cold that is tearing me to pieces. I think it might be a good day for some tea and chicken soup followed by a nap.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

Trying to enjoy a lazy Sunday, but I don't think it's gonna go how I planned. Friends are coming over with their kids for a play date now, I have 2 beers that I need to take care of, and I wanted to take my kids fishing. We'll see what happens.

My oldest son & I lounged around watching episodes of This Old House on youtube. He likes to sketch pictures from certain shows.

On a diet - lost 10 lbs thus far. Looking to drop about 30 more by the end of the year. I'll still find some calories to sneak in a home brews. Just bottled 5 gal, there's 10 gal in the fermenter, I have 200+ pounds of domestic 2 row, Munich, pils, and specialty grains ready for some brewing, 6 lbs of hops in the freezer... 10 types of yeast living in the beer crisper... But i think I'll make ROOT BEER today for SWMBO. :). Happy Sunday!

Cannman, nice job on the weight, I wish i could lose about 30#.

My Sunday is going to consist of finally bottling a lager that has been waiting to be bottled for over a month. Life seems to keep getting in the way. Referbing a high chair and baby swing put all my brewing activity on hold the last couple weeks and that is going to change today. Time for Grandpa to do his thing. :)

We had the boy in for a visit yesterday and there are a few dishes to catch up on before the beer can flow, but flow it will. And as long as we're doing dishes I might as well whip up some pancakes and bacon for breakfast.

It's promising to be sunny and nice here again today so, I better get cracking.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Another nice looking Sunday for sure. On the list of stuff to do for the day is clean up dog crap, mow the lawn, take the kids fishing, brew a batch of beer, and rack a beer onto strawberries. Drinking copious amounts of beer is a given. :D

On a diet - lost 10 lbs thus far. Looking to drop about 30 more by the end of the year. I'll still find some calories to sneak in a home brews. Just bottled 5 gal, there's 10 gal in the fermenter, I have 200+ pounds of domestic 2 row, Munich, pils, and specialty grains ready for some brewing, 6 lbs of hops in the freezer... 10 types of yeast living in the beer crisper... But i think I'll make ROOT BEER today for SWMBO. :). Happy Sunday!

Congrats on the weight loss. I made a resolution to hit the gym more often this year. I joined up with a lean mass class. I have been going for going on 13 weeks, 5 days a week. I am starting to get back in the shape I was in out of boot camp in 1998.

Strike water is coming up to temp, had some left over grains so I am brewing a APA with Centennial, Challenger, and Falconer's Flight.

After I brew I then get to go and buy a new weed eater, mine locked up yesterday right in the middle of my edging.

Watching the Irish red I brewed yesterday bubbling away. My left hip still hurts from the slip & fall after some wort spilled though. Gotta finish cleaning up in the brewery.

Just finished bottling a little over 7 cases of beer. That makes 19 cases in the system and I thought that I should be pretty well set for the first part of the summer, when I noticed that I only have about a 12 pack of my house rye, I guess I'll be brewing some time this week.

I really need to look into kegging!

Latest posts

Back